Running pirated copy of Windows 7 or 8.1?

Started by Joe, March 18, 2015, 10:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Still, I like an OS that is better than not horrible.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

I used windows 8 once and wanted to throw it out the window.

It was on the boss's wife's new laptop that I told him to make sure it doesn't have windows 8 on it when buying it.

What do I know about computers?

What mystery OS are you using that isn't horrible ear? Unix?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

I think Microsoft should stick with the theme, for browsers. The first one was called Explorer.... the new one should be called Conquistador.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

I'm not saying I use an OS that isn't horrible, I would just like to. :rotf: 

Man, for all it's shortcomings, I still like Mac OS hands down over anything Microsoft has produced. We should make our own and call it OShit. v 2.0, of course.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on March 18, 2015, 02:56:56 PMI used windows 8 once and wanted to throw it out the window.

It was on the boss's wife's new laptop that I told him to make sure it doesn't have windows 8 on it when buying it.

What do I know about computers?

What mystery OS are you using that isn't horrible ear? Unix?

There is a difference between using a clean copy of Windows (any version) as opposed to a crapware infested version that you get when you buy a computer with one of the "name brand" vendors out there. (I'm looking at you Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Acer, Asus and many other names I can't remember) That is why I don't do Windows laptops and I build my own PC's with the aforementioned "clean" copy of Windows.

And yeah I consider Windows 7, 8.1 and any of the last 4 releases of OS X to be "not horrible". I've yet to see a "great" operating system.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

I run XP Pro on all 4 of my RIP servers. Totally clean, no viruses ever, no crapware, etc... so as far as Windows goes, they are as good as it gets. I still hate them.

Joe

I'll bet I have several people that could sit in front of them and have them virus infested within 20 minutes seconds. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

:strangle:  That is EXACTLY why I keep IE hidden from plain sight and have them locked down with passwords. Also have a note on the wall that it is a sin, punishable by death, to touch any of my Windows machines. I tell them to grab a Mac if they need to look something up.

StudioMonkey

Quote from: Joe on March 18, 2015, 12:02:00 PMWindows 8.1 is fine. Windows 9 would have been the good one but they skipped it altogether. :rotf:
So Windoze 9 was the good one and 10 will suck big time.   :hello:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana