XMF and Sierra - Any issues I should be aware of before updating?

Started by AaronH, October 20, 2016, 04:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums but I've landed here a few times in searches to solve various issues in the past. I was hoping someone here has made the courageous leap to Mac OS Sierra? Are there any bugs I should know about? I have Yosemite now and was going to update to El Capitan but apparently I missed the boat.

I have another compatibility question regarding a font manager and Sierra but should I post that in a separate area of the forums? I'm using FontAgent Pro 4.202. Is anyone else using it?

Thank you for your help!
Aaron
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

David

got it at home but not here at work yet.

so, no help but welcome to the forums!

Cheers!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

I won't update my XMF until I contact Fuji, they asked me to wait in the past for an OS update.

Yeah, welcome!

Farabomb

I don't even run XMF and I know it's best to wait until they officially give the ok. Even then you can be in for a world of hurt as things break. At least at that point you can call service and they don't say tough luck.

Welcome to the asylum.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

AaronH

Diddler

I am running XMF client on a Mac laptop with sierra, seems to be working with. I problems. But as previously mention I would not upgrade my desktops until I get the OK from Fuji.
And welcome to the forum.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

AaronH

I wanted to give everyone an update.

I heard from Fuji today. My version of XMF, 6.1.2 is cleared for Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 & 10.12. Sounds good to me. Also sounds like 6.5 will be coming out soon.

I'll probably be updating soon as I've got a few issues with some of my Apple programs running in 10.10.

Tracy

when you install Sierra are you going to wipe your hard drive or just install over the current system?
I'm scared :laugh:

AaronH

I'll just install over what I have. We have our system backed up on Time Machine & CrashPlan so I shouldn't lose anything. Plus we keep our working files on a networked raid share so we're pretty safe.

I'm not all that scared. Just have to find time to do it.

Tracy

Joe

I've already installed it on a Mac at work to test. Seems like everything is working fine though I did format and did a fresh install. But no XMF here.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

You have to reinstall all the programs right?
No problems?
I have 2 macs so when i do it, I will do 1 at a time, just in case :undecided:

Joe

Yes re-install all programs. Bad that it takes time. Good that it cleans up all the useless garbage and corrupted system files.

But I am NOT guaranteeing anything. :P

:rotf:

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on November 02, 2016, 12:03:51 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 02, 2016, 11:44:09 AMBut I am NOT guaranteeing anything. :P

do you work for Kodak now?      :rotf:

No I couldn't stand 44 weeks of vacation a year. (because anytime you try to contact anyone there they are on vacation)