Pitstop pro select similar accoss a multi page pdf?

Started by Exploded, September 21, 2012, 06:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exploded

Hello all,

I need to fatten up some type by adding a stroke across a multi page pdf. I can select similar (colour) on one page and do it but I need to do this on a 58 page document.

Can I do this globally?

I am sure I have done this before...

I'm using Acrobat 9.5.2 and pit-stop pro 9

Joe

Here is an action that can serve as an example of how to change it globally. Modify it it to suit your needs. This is a Pitstop 11 action so I'm not sure if it will work in Pitstop 9 but I'll post some screenshots of each step in the next post.

First screen shot here is showing the individual steps.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Here are the screenshots.

Exploded

Thanks Joe,
I will give it a shot Monday, I really hope I can pull it off in 9. It will turn a few hours work into a few seconds

Tracy

t-pat

I've done something like this in 9 with multiple pages (an entire catalog with cad drawings that had all the strokes set to like 1/1000") so you should be good.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Exploded

Worked a treat Joe. I owe you a beer, but just thinking if the text is converted to curves then what...

Luckily this time it wasn't...

Joe

If the text has been converted to curves you'll have to change the type of selection for sure. Something like "select line art" though if there is other line art on the page that will throw a wrench into the gears.

t-pat

the thing I did was based on the thickness of the stroke, you put in a range of thickness for the source and a specific thickness you wanted to change it to.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait