Adding customers to insite

Started by Mikie, November 19, 2015, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikie

So the guy who handles insite it out this week so I am trying to create a new customer and add people to it. It lets me add them just fine, but I can't set them to be approvers. They are approvers for other customers, but not this newly created one.

What am I missing? Check box somewhere for sure lol

Diddler

I don't use Insite, but assuming it is like XMF approvals are you logged in as "administrator" and have the privileges to change who approves, views etc.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Mikie

Yeah diddler I am. It allows me to change their privileges but approver isn't in the list.

David

leave that set to none and change the one below it "default job role"
see my attachment
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

oh wait, you do have that selected

1st question, are you an Insite Admin with full privs?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Mikie

Supposedly David lol. I created the customer and can delete users and edit them etc. I have made people approvers before if I remember correctly, but that was on an existing customer. This is a newly created customer but I checked the options and I don't see what I need to do. The two people are even approvers on many other jobs. I compared these settings to jobs these people are approvers on and I don't see anything different.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Mikie

That's where I am looking Joe, it's like I can't make someone an approver. Here's a SS of one of the people I am looking at. Where she isn't already an approver, I can't make her one. Almost like I don't have enough access, which wouldn't surprise me.  Oh well they get old school proofs until the midget gets in Monday  :strangle:

Joe

When you look at your account in the administration area does it list you like this?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Mikie

Nope.... The only one that is listed as Admin is default customer admin role. I guess making someone an approver is under one of the others. Seems odd that I can delete a user, but OMFG better not let me make someone an approver lol

Anyways I have moved on, thanks for helping me out.