Acrobat with Pitstop

Started by Tracy, November 30, 2015, 10:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Going to update my new Mac and have to transfer pitstop from my other mac
and need to decide which acrobat I will use with pitstop.
Any problems with Acrobat DC?
Any problems with uninstalling and reinstalling pitstop?

Thanks for any help

Tracy

Also anyone using pitstop 12 with ElCapitan?
Looks like it's 13 update 1 only

Tracy

:laugh: Did I answer my own question?

I'm thinking of getting the monthly subscription to pitstop
till I get the other mac ironed out.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on November 30, 2015, 10:08:04 AMGoing to update my new Mac and have to transfer pitstop from my other mac
and need to decide which acrobat I will use with pitstop.
Any problems with Acrobat DC?
Any problems with uninstalling and reinstalling pitstop?

Thanks for any help

Acrobat DC works fine once you find where they hid everything. It is 64-bit only so if you use any plug-ins that are 32-bit they will not work. (Pitstop 12 and 13 both work with it)

You don't need to uninstall Pitstop. Just de-activate the license on your old Mac and then install and activate it on the new one. If you get the subscription you can install it on as many computers as you want and use wit wherever you want to. Only one at a time though.

Quote from: Tracy on November 30, 2015, 12:36:55 PMAlso anyone using pitstop 12 with ElCapitan?
Looks like it's 13 update 1 only

Not using El Capitan so I can't answer that one.

Quote from: Tracy on November 30, 2015, 05:19:29 PM:laugh: Did I answer my own question?

I'm thinking of getting the monthly subscription to pitstop
till I get the other mac ironed out.

I think the subscription works out to a little more expensive than the standard license but the good thing is when they release the new version it won't cost you anything as long as you keep making the payments. The bad thing is if you decide to quit making the monthly payments the software will stop working. As opposed to a regular license that once you pay for it it will work forever or until the computer/software you are using quits working/dies, etc....
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Thanks Joe! very helpfulI don't think pitstop 12 is compatible with El Capitan 
I will look into it further tho.

Tracy

Pitstop 13 with El Capitan only

Tracy

Acrobat DC with pitstop 13 (upgraded from my 12)
shoo wee, most difficult to deal with DC, all the pitstop tools
have the same icon, everything looks weird, I'm not big on change :laugh:

I have to take my other iMac back to Apple, It's been my ball and chain for 2 weeks now.
I am up and running with the new iMac now so it's not a big freak out.

Thanks everybody for your help, much appreciated.

Joe, I'm sick of going to the mall now :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on December 02, 2015, 02:26:52 PMAcrobat DC with pitstop 13 (upgraded from my 12)
shoo wee, most difficult to deal with DC, all the pitstop tools
have the same icon, everything looks weird, I'm not big on change :laugh:

I have to take my other iMac back to Apple, It's been my ball and chain for 2 weeks now.
I am up and running with the new iMac now so it's not a big freak out.

Thanks everybody for your help, much appreciated.

Joe, I'm sick of going to the mall now :laugh:

You can add the normal Pitstop tools at the toolbar across the top if you don't like the new "Tools" palette.

Tracy

I got some figuring out to do, screen shot of what the tools look like so far.
I am grateful that I have them tho!

Joe

Here they are across the top toolbar.

Tracy

Tracy

Joe

Yes that is DC. How did you add them to get the weird little lego icons? If you right click the toolbar and use "Customize Quick Tools" you should get the normal Pitstop Icons. Maybe you dragged in the whole group instead of individual tools? that is too much clutter for my taste. I don't use 90% of the tools available. ;D

frailer

Speaking of upgrades, the longer we leave it, the more painful it will be I suspect.
Yesterday we got a PDF job in that was showing 'Acrobat CC 2014'. It rendered some of it, but gave 'APPE Error' in XMF on the other sheets.. 
I suggested to compadra that she do a resave/As. It then worked... (Acrobat XI).
We'll only see more of this, I guess. It's a case of a submission being put in and sitting in someone's 'IN' tray.  :shrug:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

As far as I know there is no such thing as 'Acrobat CC 2014'. There is Acrobat X, Acrobat XI, and Acrobat DC. Acrobat isn't an official part of CC though you can install it through CC. But you can still buy it stand alone without a subscription plan. But yeah considering CC 2015 has been out awhile it isn't going to get any better for you.