Wireless Storage for the house

Started by ninjaPB_43, November 12, 2012, 09:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjaPB_43

Any recommendations for a wireless networked HD for the wife and I to both share with our macbooks? (storing photos mainly, but other docs and pron as well   :tapedshut: )

I'd like 500GB or 1TB...

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

If your router has the USB feature you can plug any old USB drive into it and everyone on your network can access it at the same time. My under $100 Netgear router has this feature. Very handy.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Mine has it too but I've never used it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on November 13, 2012, 09:39:34 AMMine has it too but I've never used it.

I just stuck an old 320 gb IDE drive into an external USB case and plugged it into the router. Gives me a network drive available across the network and I don't have to setup file sharing between computers if I want to get something from one computer to the other.

gnubler

I bet it's for baby pics. I wish I could see them. :hello:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: gnubler on November 13, 2012, 11:44:50 AMI bet it's for baby pics. I wish I could see them. :hello:

He doesn't wear any pants pervert.  :hello:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on November 12, 2012, 09:58:52 PMIf your router has the USB feature you can plug any old USB drive into it and everyone on your network can access it at the same time. My under $100 Netgear router has this feature. Very handy.

Hmmm - we have at&t u-verse and their standard issue router...  it does have a USB on back...  :homer:

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on November 13, 2012, 07:00:38 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 12, 2012, 09:58:52 PMIf your router has the USB feature you can plug any old USB drive into it and everyone on your network can access it at the same time. My under $100 Netgear router has this feature. Very handy.

Hmmm - we have at&t u-verse and their standard issue router...  it does have a USB on back...  :homer:

Sounds like it has that option then.

ninjaPB_43

I'm going to try - that's for sure. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

DigiCorn

Does that trick work with a non-network printer?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on November 14, 2012, 04:24:33 PMDoes that trick work with a non-network printer?

Not sure...never tried it.