Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

he's here all week folks, try the veal!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Bakerman

Got both CC and CS6 running. Got a job file from a client that will not open. Says it is created using InDesign 10. What gives? I think I am current on all my updates. Do I have to spring for a new license?

Joe

Version 10 is InDesign CC 2014 which is the latest. Since you already have CC you can just download and install InDesign CC 2014 (and Photoshop CC 2014 and Illustrator CC 2014 as well if you please). It is a free version included with CC but it will install it separately from CS6 and CC.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on July 07, 2014, 10:42:42 AMVersion 10 is InDesign CC 2014 which is the latest. Since you already have CC you can just download and install InDesign CC 2014 (and Photoshop CC 2014 and Illustrator CC 2014 as well if you please). It is a free version included with CC but it will install it separately from CS6 and CC.

Whew, that happened to me today as well and I almost had a cow. :drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

But really, don't you think when you checked for updates they would let you know that there is a new version available aside from the CC 9 or whatever update?? Very Quarkish behaviour  :drunk3:

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on July 07, 2014, 12:19:27 PMBut really, don't you think when you checked for updates they would let you know that there is a new version available aside from the CC 9 or whatever update?? Very Quarkish behaviour  :drunk3:

That would be nice because when I saw there was an update I thought I was just doing a CC update and not getting a whole new install of all the CS 2014 apps. It took me a while to figure out why the updates were taking about 3 hours to download and install.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on July 07, 2014, 10:42:42 AMVersion 10 is InDesign CC 2014 which is the latest. Since you already have CC you can just download and install InDesign CC 2014 (and Photoshop CC 2014 and Illustrator CC 2014 as well if you please). It is a free version included with CC but it will install it separately from CS6 and CC.

Yay my life

QuoteYou are running an operating system that InDesign no longer supports. Refer to the system requirements for a full list of supported platforms.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Yes siree Bob...No more Snow Leopard.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

On the bright side, it looks like I may be getting a new (used) computer!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

frailer

10.6.8 here at work. The clock ticks. It's sounding like a time-bomb.     :sad:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

beermonster

anyone know if esko deskpack stuff works in the "new" improved 2014 illy yet?
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: frailer on July 07, 2014, 10:46:33 PM10.6.8 here at work. The clock ticks. It's sounding like a time-bomb.     :sad:

Yes, I tried to update to Mavericks today and there are a couple of crucial apps that won't run on it.. like our Navigator (rip) client. I've contacted Xitron via email to see if there has been an update to this software.

If not, then we can't install CC2014 because, yes, it won't run on 10.6.8

Bakerman

Thanks for the response. I spent most of yesterday downloading and retrying ( our internet sucks). I left it to download overnight. The InDesign downloaded but now the "About" info still reads 9.2. So do I need to install or is it a auto load?

My co-workers are in for a huge shake up too. They are running Snow Lepoard but not for long. My future looks crowded with upgrades and installs. Prinergy, Maverick InDesign Quark 10 time to ask for a raise.