General Suckers

Started by baker7, March 31, 2016, 01:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baker7

Sorry, I seem to only come here to ask for help.. been so busy here.  But, how do you get these suckers to comes off?  Plate suckers that is.  I called tech support at Fuji Film and they won't help me because we have a Lotem 800, even though we order plates from them.  Only thing he said is there maybe a ring where it attaches, but I don't see or feel any ring.  I got the bottom flat part to come off by ripping it off, but the rest is fused on there somehow. 

Can anyone tell me how they yank it off from your machine?

Joe

Sorry I don't have a Lotem so I can't answer your question but just wanted to say I didn't think it would be this topic when I opened it.

:lmao:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Right! I was at least hoping for a reach-around. :banana: 

Sorry, I don't currently operate a Lotem and I do not remember removing the suckers.

On the feeder for my Screen, however, you must remove the sucker bar and remove each floating sucker head to remove the sucker over the back. Meaning it is nested, while on the machine. I guess it is so the suckers don't pop off while they are suckin'. See if you can track down a service manual.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

baker7

Nevermind.. I got it off.  Just gave it a hard yank out and down.  Damn suckers

Ear

Quote from: baker7 on March 31, 2016, 02:42:20 PMNevermind.. I got it off.  Just gave it a hard yank out and down.  Damn suckers
... this might make my sig :rotf:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Skryber

Oh, I thought this thread was about all of us prepressers.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Joe

Quote from: Ear on March 31, 2016, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: baker7 on March 31, 2016, 02:42:20 PMNevermind.. I got it off.  Just gave it a hard yank out and down.  Damn suckers
... this might make my sig :rotf:

Please replace mine with it! :tongue:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

Hadn't read this thread, so when I clicked on it, it took me to the newest response at the bottom of the page, so I was reading it in reverse. Can't wait to find out what this is all about.  :lmao:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway