Landscape booklet, stapled at the top

Started by redlik, October 09, 2015, 03:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redlik

Hi,
I presume all the pros will know it straight away but I can't figure out how to create a fold patter to A4 landscape book but stapled on the long top edge, Something like wall calendars. I can rotate/flip the pages in the fold patter window but the spine is kept at the short, left edge no matter what I do.
I've tried with 16p, 8p, and even 4p sections but no luck
I'm attaching the screenshot - 2 pages on the left is was I'm getting so far, the desired layout is on the right

Any help appreciated
Ralph

DCurry

Long ago I realized the easiest way to impose calendars was to build the impo like a regular 8.5x11 portrait book (with the stitch along the 11). Assuming the art is landscape (11 x 8.5), add them to the run list and rotate 90 degrees. Then you just tneed to make sure your back cover is roated the right way - sometimes that one may need to be 270 degrees depending on your design.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

redlik

Quote from: DCurry on October 09, 2015, 06:04:39 AMLong ago I realized the easiest way to impose calendars was to build the impo like a regular 8.5x11 portrait book (with the stitch along the 11). Assuming the art is landscape (11 x 8.5), add them to the run list and rotate 90 degrees. Then you just tneed to make sure your back cover is roated the right way - sometimes that one may need to be 270 degrees depending on your design.

This sorts the problem, more or less. Too bad there's no direct way to flip the spine to make it more obvious.
Thnx
R

Farabomb

I used to fight with calendars too until I went with what Dcurry said. It's a lot less painful.

I don't know why we print them. None of my customers use them. That's why at 4:30 on a friday before a 3 day weekend we get dumped on, all expecting it to be done first thing tuesday. Good luck with that. A lack of planning on your part doesn't make it a rush on my part.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

Quote from: Farabomb on October 09, 2015, 09:01:18 AMI used to fight with calendars too until I went with what Dcurry said. It's a lot less painful.

I don't know why we print them. None of my customers use them. That's why at 4:30 on a friday before a 3 day weekend we get dumped on, all expecting it to be done first thing tuesday. Good luck with that. A lack of planning on your part doesn't make it a rush on my part.
Yeah, I know it's late, but I JUST GOTTA HAVE THEM NOW!
:shoots_self:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

So we stay late and bang them out.

Then they sit in the warehouse for a week.

And the customer pisses and moans about the rush charge when they get the bill.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DCurry

Just wait til they discover a mistake (theirs) and you have to rush it through again (for free.)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job