News:

Main Menu

CC licences

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, December 05, 2016, 07:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I think I know the answer already but....

If you need another licence for CC is there any cost savings or is it just another 69 dollars per subscription? I am finding the Adobe website confusing on pricing.

wonderings

Looks like you have to call them to get info on volume pricing. Though for just 2, I would imagine you are paying 2 full subscriptions.
http://www.adobe.com/ca/creativecloud/business/teams/plans.html

I use one subscription for 2 computers at work, Adobe at least allows for that though technically it is supposed to be for one person and not 2 different users.

pspdfppdfxhd

Why would one pay for 2 licences if you can get by with 1?

We would not be using 2 at the same time, it's a backup computer and maybe used for an afternoon shift.

Do you sign into CC on one and logout on the other?

Joe

The Adobe licensing allows for it to be installed and activated on two computers as long as they are not in use at the same time. Technically they will both run fine at the same time. The theory is that a person can install it on both their desktop and laptop so they can use it at work and at home. It is a violation of the TOS to use it on two separate work computers though. But nothing stopping you from doing so unless the Adobe police arrive.

We have 11 licenses here with Adobe CC Team subscriptions. Regular price is $69 per month per user but we negotiated Adobe down to $49 per month per user. The first two years we were able to get it for $36 per month per user but it went up in the third year.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 05, 2016, 08:03:55 AMWhy would one pay for 2 licences if you can get by with 1?

We would not be using 2 at the same time, it's a backup computer and maybe used for an afternoon shift.

As Joe said, you can be logged in with 2 computers at the same time. So both are signed in and running daily. So I only pay for one license for that very reason. I have been doing that since purchasing the Adobe Creative Suite CS3.

Ear

I just got 2 of them for 39 per month, each (paid annual), with the Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale.... but I think it has ended.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: wonderings on December 05, 2016, 12:54:34 PM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 05, 2016, 08:03:55 AMWhy would one pay for 2 licences if you can get by with 1?

As Joe said, you can be logged in with 2 computers at the same time. So both are signed in and running daily. So I only pay for one license for that very reason. I have been doing that since purchasing the Adobe Creative Suite CS3.

Well FYI, we now have 2 Macs on one license running at the same time.

I went through Adobe chat for help to setup the cloud account for 2 licenses but they said it was ok to run 2 Macs in the department. ? Ok, so we are fine to do it.

By the way, the crashing i have been complaining about in Acrobat is the same on the 2nd Mac as well, so it is not my computer as I was led to believe. Thank God I had no time to do a complete reinstall of the operating system.Thing is, we have to have the separations preview open at the same time as we are "pitstopping" for our biggest clients jobs with the "ink limit" checked off to pickup registration, etc and toggling on and off the black separation because their artists don't know when to use 100%K as opposed to rich black and love to slap RGB black into the mix. This combination must be problematic I guess. We have to do the "mister fixit" routine for this client which is not that big of a deal, we are used to it, but the crashing really is anoying.

pspdfppdfxhd

Off topic I know, but where did the "lounge" go?

I wanted to do a "lounge" type post but don't see it.

Besides, I would like to have a drink or 4.

:drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 22, 2016, 08:49:55 AMOff topic I know, but where did the "lounge" go?

Not sure why you are seeing so much crashing. My combination of Acrobat DC, Pitstop 13u2 and OS X 10.11.x is pretty solid these days once Adobe ironed the wrinkles out of DC. What exactly are you doing when you get the crash?

You should see the social area now. For some reason the checkbox wasn't checked on your account. You might need to log out and back in to see it.

Joe

And I'm shocked anyone from Adobe would tell you that.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on December 22, 2016, 08:55:54 AMAnd I'm shocked anyone from Adobe would tell you that.

I was shocked too to tell you the truth. But it's been up and running for a few weeks now, no problem.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on December 22, 2016, 08:54:51 AM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 22, 2016, 08:49:55 AMOff topic I know, but where did the "lounge" go?

Not sure why you are seeing so much crashing. My combination of Acrobat DC, Pitstop 13u2 and OS X 10.11.x is pretty solid these days once Adobe ironed the wrinkles out of DC. What exactly are you doing when you get the crash?

You should see the social area now. For some reason the checkbox wasn't checked on your account. You might need to log out and back in to see it.

Separations preview open, flipping off black color, showing the ink limit, running global changes in pitstop, image editing in photoshop on maybe 5 out of 10 pages.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 22, 2016, 09:03:56 AM
Quote from: Joe on December 22, 2016, 08:55:54 AMAnd I'm shocked anyone from Adobe would tell you that.

I was shocked too to tell you the truth. But it's been up and running for a few weeks now, no problem.

I know it will run OK like that. Just shocked someone at Adobe would tell you that.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 22, 2016, 09:05:53 AMSeparations preview open, flipping off black color, showing the ink limit, running global changes in pitstop, image editing in photoshop on maybe 5 out of 10 pages.

That is pretty much how I use it too. The only time I see a crash is if I close Output Preview and later open it again and turn off separations and even that isn't a guaranteed crash anymore. It does occassionally but not always like it used to be.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes well we need to "shift-click" sometimes too which means closing the output preview to avoid that f-ing green sticky coming up.

Maybe I should open up the output preview at the start and leave it open (before initializing pitstop).

Not sure, but yesterday working Acrobat on the OLD Mac, I went  about 2 hours without having a problem. This has not happened ever in the last 2 years.

Anyway we've sort of learned to live with the problem, given up, sigh a lot and carry on.