Quark PDF's into InDesign can't export a new PDF?

Started by Dawn, August 19, 2016, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Placed in into Indy CS6 (no crashing) and exported fine here too. Here is the resulting PDF.

I would delete your CS6 preferences and try again. Quit Indy CS6. Hold down SHIFT+CONTROL+OPTION+COMMAND and open Indy CS6. It should ask if you want to delete your preferences. Affirm. Say a prayer and try again.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

Quote from: Farabomb on August 19, 2016, 10:49:44 AMI'm thinking it's your install. I just dropped it in to CS6 and exported a PDF with no issues.
Same here - it worked in my Indy CS6 with no issues. I also tried placing it in Illy CS6 and re-saving a pdf, which worked fine, but it is extra work. Perhaps the preferences are corrupt which could cause wonky shit to happen. If you are going to delete your preferences it may be wise to take screenshots of each preference page if you have customized them and before you delete them, as they will go back to defaults when you delete and restart the app.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on August 19, 2016, 11:25:09 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on August 19, 2016, 10:49:44 AMI'm thinking it's your install. I just dropped it in to CS6 and exported a PDF with no issues.
Same here - it worked in my Indy CS6 with no issues. I also tried placing it in Illy CS6 and re-saving a pdf, which worked fine, but it is extra work. Perhaps the preferences are corrupt which could cause wonky shit to happen. If you are going to delete your preferences it may be wise to take screenshots of each preference page if you have customized them and before you delete them, as they will go back to defaults when you delete and restart the app.

Where is the fun and challenge in that? :rotf:

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on August 19, 2016, 12:45:19 PM
Quote from: andyfest on August 19, 2016, 11:25:09 AM

Where is the fun and challenge in that? :rotf:
I'm too old for challenges. Goodbye steak - bring on the mushy peas.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on August 19, 2016, 11:17:40 AMPlaced in into Indy CS6 (no crashing) and exported fine here too. Here is the resulting PDF.

I would delete your CS6 preferences and try again. Quit Indy CS6. Hold down SHIFT+CONTROL+OPTION+COMMAND and open Indy CS6. It should ask if you want to delete your preferences. Affirm. Say a prayer and try again.
Don't forget to dance around in a circle and swing a dead cat over your head.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 24, 2016, 04:55:55 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 19, 2016, 11:17:40 AMPlaced in into Indy CS6 (no crashing) and exported fine here too. Here is the resulting PDF.

Don't forget to dance around in a circle and swing a dead cat over your head.

Couldn't hurt!