Are you only doing prepress at work? Or...?

Started by Made in Taiwan, September 18, 2014, 02:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Holy shit, that almost looks like real pizza. Looks like my kinda place.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

yellowprinting.com

not only this, you have to fix the machine if it's broken  ;D

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Possum

Same here, glad you got past the nonexistant firewall.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

pspdfppdfxhd

Wearing so many hats here recently, it's crazy.

Had a lump develop on the back of my neck recently, doctor says its a harmless gelatinous mass but I think it's just my brain expanding with all the new knowledge I've had to cram into my head. Like a extra hard drive or a usb lump-stick.

Fontaholic

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on September 16, 2015, 04:59:58 AMWearing so many hats here recently, it's crazy.

Had a lump develop on the back of my neck recently, doctor says its a harmless gelatinous mass but I think it's just my brain expanding with all the new knowledge I've had to cram into my head. Like a extra hard drive or a usb lump-stick.
v

"Harmless gelatinous mass"?

I think you've just described me in a nutshell...

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes there is nothing like discovering a gelatinous mass on the back of one's neck.

:drunk3:

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Wait a year or 2 and you can get an opinion from Kuato.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on September 16, 2015, 08:43:07 AMI think I'd get a 2nd opinion.
For sure - any lump on the neck is probably worth getting a second or even third opinion on. Your neck is home to a lot of lymph nodes.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Farabomb

And your spine.

unless you're in sales, then that's not a problem.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

Quote from: Farabomb on September 16, 2015, 09:23:40 AMWait a year or 2 and you can get an opinion from Kuato.
Freeee your minnnnnd Quaaaiiiiiid...
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on September 16, 2015, 04:59:58 AMWearing so many hats here recently, it's crazy.

I just used all the shit I "technically" did to secure a State job... Looks like I'm going to get it too. Here's the really fucking sad part... I'll be auditing alcohol and drug clinics and making sure they spend money where they say they're spending money... and to start, I'll be making about $10k more a year.... and within a year's time I'll be making close to $22k more a year than I did in prepress... with full benefits (I've never had that before). Fucking A.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Good luck man. I hope it works out very well for you, you deserve it.

Also realize that state jobs aren't as rosy as they appear to be. There is a lot of bullshit politics so make sure you keep the right friends.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job