Unbelievable Resource!

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, October 28, 2008, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

If reading ain't your thing, you could always use that one. I find, before I download, I copy and paste the PWs in a text file for future use. That's just me though.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

We are downloading fools. Though I'm steering away from the huge image packs over 200Mb - it's just too big to bother with. I think the biggest file I've downloaded was around 48Mb and it took quite a while. Can only do one d/l at a time at each download site.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on November 03, 2008, 03:58:09 PMWe are downloading fools. Though I'm steering away from the huge image packs over 200Mb - it's just too big to bother with. I think the biggest file I've downloaded was around 48Mb and it took quite a while. Can only do one d/l at a time at each download site.

Yes, that is true. The multiple file DLs are the most irritating, only because one part ends up going corrupt, then I have to re-DL it. A small price to pay. I have so much shit, I can't even begin to find a starting point to sort.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

I've been sorting as I go, but my vector collection is growing. Never more than 2 d/l going at the same time here.

So how long will this site last, I wonder.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Get it while you can is what I would suggest. It's just too good to be true, but it is.
Member #285 - Civilian

prepressDog

Wow like limewire for printers. nice. Thanks!!

prepressDog

Cool Site...
No worries of viruses??

Everyone have good results so far? Anything to be aware of.
Or are you just cool on the mac side?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: prepressDog on November 17, 2008, 01:22:10 PMCool Site...
No worries of viruses??

I have been downloading off the site for a couple months now... never a problem. Gnubler is PC maybe she could shed some light. I have a feeling PCs are cool too... no viruses.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 17, 2008, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: prepressDog on November 17, 2008, 01:22:10 PMCool Site...
No worries of viruses??

I have been downloading off the site for a couple months now... never a problem. Gnubler is PC maybe she could shed some light. I have a feeling PCs are cool too... no viruses.

Yes, I was downloading with it on Windows XP - no problems, but we run AVG anti-virus software. The only thing that bothered me, despite running the latest Firefox with Adblocker, was the occasional window full of PRON that appeared under my active window. Not cool. This is probably something better done at home.

David

like you weren't looking for pron...

:huh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on November 17, 2008, 03:12:20 PMlike you weren't looking for pron...

:huh:

I wasn't. But I added PB's email address to their lists so he should get plenty of opportunities to view PRON very soon.

David

You're so nice to help PB out like that. I'm sure he'll appreciate it a bunch.
He's really a down to earth kinda guy, likes long walks on the beach, flowers, and the occasional pron email.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

prepressDog

gnubler

I'm back at the Heroturko treasure chest...TONS of website templates here, including quality Joomla templates...if anyone's interested. Grab them now before they go bye-bye!

Thanks again, DCS. Let the downloading commence.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on December 04, 2008, 12:20:44 PMI'm back at the Heroturko treasure chest...TONS of website templates here, including quality Joomla templates...if anyone's interested. Grab them now before they go bye-bye!

Thanks again, DCS. Let the downloading commence.

Oooooh...Joomla Templates? Squealing tire sounds....ZOOOOOOOM.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.