Boobie issue

Started by Farabomb, October 20, 2014, 01:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

How can a day spent looking at boobies still be bad? I managed it.

Here's the deal. This is a reprint with changes of a job that we had an issue with. In the chaos of sorting the issue the solution wasn't documented anywhere. I compared old files to the new, saw the type changes. No image changes, nothing looked funky on the VPS compared old files. Thought we were good.

Nope. Funky morie in the work in just one picture. I got the natives this time and took a look at the image. There is a dot pattern that I think is the whole problem. That pattern when screened throws up some funky shit.

First thing I thought was changing the screen angles. Pressmen said nope, can't be it. I dick around for a few hours and come up with nothing. Since the files are the same I went back and looked at the color bars of the known good sheet. Damn if the black and magenta angles weren't swapped.

This takes the black issue out and moves it to the M plate. The pressmen still have their doubts but I'm convinced that's how we did it.

I've attached the offending image. It's possibly NSFW as it's rendered boobies.

My question if how do I get rid of the pattern? I'm 99% sure that's what's causing the issue. It's originally a tiff but I changed it to a PDF. Strange thing was when I did a reduce file size the pattern went away. It also made it 150 dpi so that's not gonna work.

I'd like to sort the issue so it doesn't pop up again and I can have the designer or I fix the image.

I also make the mistake of texting the GF that I was looking at tits all day and it still was a shitty day. She got all pissy and it took a good hour to talk her off the ledge and make her realize I was working. She knows we print catalogs for plastic surgery software but she thought I was just looking at boobs on the interbewbs.

Silly girl, I'm not that dumb to tell you when I'm doing that.   ;D

linky:   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40594243/reposition%20implants%20screen%20cropped%20cmyk.pdf
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on October 20, 2014, 01:12:17 PMHow can a day spent looking at boobies still be bad? I managed it.

Here's the deal. This is a reprint with changes of a job that we had an issue with. In the chaos of sorting the issue the solution wasn't documented anywhere. I compared old files to the new, saw the type changes. No image changes, nothing looked funky on the VPS compared old files. Thought we were good.

Nope. Funky morie in the work in just one picture. I got the natives this time and took a look at the image. There is a dot pattern that I think is the whole problem. That pattern when screened throws up some funky shit.

First thing I thought was changing the screen angles. Pressmen said nope, can't be it. I dick around for a few hours and come up with nothing. Since the files are the same I went back and looked at the color bars of the known good sheet. Damn if the black and magenta angles weren't swapped.

This takes the black issue out and moves it to the M plate. The pressmen still have their doubts but I'm convinced that's how we did it.

I've attached the offending image. It's possibly NSFW as it's rendered boobies.

My question if how do I get rid of the pattern? I'm 99% sure that's what's causing the issue. It's originally a tiff but I changed it to a PDF. Strange thing was when I did a reduce file size the pattern went away. It also made it 150 dpi so that's not gonna work.

I'd like to sort the issue so it doesn't pop up again and I can have the designer or I fix the image.

I also make the mistake of texting the GF that I was looking at tits all day and it still was a shitty day. She got all pissy and it took a good hour to talk her off the ledge and make her realize I was working. She knows we print catalogs for plastic surgery software but she thought I was just looking at boobs on the interbewbs.

Silly girl, I'm not that dumb to tell you when I'm doing that.  ;D

linky:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40594243/reposition%20implants%20screen%20cropped%20cmyk.pdf

That dot pattern in the image is 100% of the problem.

Run a Gaussian Blur in Photoshop at a 1, and problem solved.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 20, 2014, 01:16:20 PMThat dot pattern in the image is 100% of the problem.

Run a Gaussian Blur in Photoshop at a 1, and problem solved.

Agreed. Before and after of the image after the gaussian blur.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.