Richo Pro C7100S vs. Konica Bizhub C1070P

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, August 19, 2016, 07:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Hi Yee'all,

Wondering if anyone has any imput/comments about this 2 digital machines: Richo Pro C7100S and  Konica Bizhub C1070P.

We are trying to choose between the two but know that "real world experience" is valuable.

Any information on what's driving the machine (aka RIP) would help.

Thanks in advance.  :drunk3:

delooch

I just got a c7110s, i consider it a downgrade from the Canon imagepress we use to have.

Color/coverage wasnt as good as the Canon, but it is more consistent and requires less time calibrating. The issues im having is that you must specify every goddamn thing in the print driver, or it freaks out. Also, the paper deck sucks, it seems to love to jam when the drawer gets under 1" thick of stock. The jamming/misfeeds drive me insane, not sure if its the machine or the tech.

Oh, the document scanner does do both side of the sheet at the same time, and its high freakin' speed. So much so that it also loves to jam, and usually 9 times out of 10 it will destroy the original. Plus the scanned documents pick up a lot of static and its a bitch to jog the scanned sheets back together.

If you consider the Canon a "digital press", the Ricoh is a glorified copier.

Years ago we had a Bizhub (cant remember the model), it didnt handle transparent objects to well, but then again it did not have a seperate RIP system.. I cant really compare the 2.

Tracy

We just got a Konica Bizhub, Have to get back with you on monday!!
Time to go! woohoo

Tracy

Sorry took so long. super busy

We have a Konica Bizhub C1100 in our copy dept. we use to have Xerox DocuColor
The Bizhub does not use a heat roller so there is less problems, but not as shiny as the Docu
I think the workstation is key and the add ons.
That's all I got :laugh:

Possum

The DocuColors use oil, I believe, so the prints are shinier than with the later models using low-melt toner. That stuff can look positively waxy on some coated stocks.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Tracy

Tracy

You know when you print to a copier and you sometimes get those boxes?I just figured out that the Konica Bizhub we have can handle it, without flattening.
If I drag the file into CWS instead of print from Acrobat it works
also you can see the icon is different, it says pdf rather than ps (postscript)?
I think it has some kind of a print engine? This would of been good info when they went thru the copier with us.
sheesh :laugh:

Farabomb

There is a very good chance they don't even know the difference.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on November 17, 2016, 10:17:30 AMYou know when you print to a copier and you sometimes get those boxes?I just figured out that the Konica Bizhub we have can handle it, without flattening.
also you can see the icon is different, it says pdf rather than ps (postscript)?
I think it has some kind of a print engine? This would of been good info when they went thru the copier with us.

Ours will sometimes work with transparency by dragging the PDF to CWS...and sometimes it won't. Just depends on what kind of mood the copier is in that day I think.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Made in Taiwan

As far as I know, on the older models (C7000), the Creo was the only RIP able to handle transparencies, the other two RIPs from Fiery as well as their own IC-601 RIP weren't able to do so. Maybe the Fiery sometimes really works depending on luck, never had the chance to try it. The IC-601 definitely won't do it. Maybe things have changed in the meanwhile since our machine is already 4 years old.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

DigiCorn

I used a Canon with a Fiery (I think it was a C7000VP) and transparancies were still an issue. X-1A sometimes worked to fix it and sometimes not. The two workarounds I had were if it were small, I'd rasterize it in Photoshop, and if it were large or multiple pages, I'd run it through Rampage with PDF FPOs at 300dpi and use the FPO files. That shop was not on the latest Fiery build, though. I think it was CWS 5.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Grimace

Quote from: Joe on November 17, 2016, 11:47:45 AM
Quote from: Tracy on November 17, 2016, 10:17:30 AMYou know when you print to a copier and you sometimes get those boxes?I just figured out that the Konica Bizhub we have can handle it, without flattening.

Ours will sometimes work with transparency by dragging the PDF to CWS...and sometimes it won't. Just depends on what kind of mood the copier is in that day I think.
Usually the "boxes" are caused by a transparent TIFF in my experience. Also depends upon the parent program prior to PDF.
Sometimes Indesign will show a box due to a trans effect like drop shadow. Illustrator usually shows when Multiply is active. Come to think of it, the Multiply effect gives both my Rip and Fiery fits. In CWS under the Color tab turning on Composite Overprint will remedy the box, but then sometimes creates other issues elsewhere in the file. I have not tried to direct drop method, I will give it a try, good tip!