Rampage v13 to XMF or Prinergy?

Started by jay12345, December 17, 2014, 02:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: jay12345 on December 18, 2014, 03:47:26 PMyeah it looks like the features can really add up. i dont really have a need for the rba just yet and that adds quite a bit by itself. he did mention the archive ad on but made it sound like all it added was your notes to the archive. the software still packages and archives the entire job just without the correspondence data i guess.

does it feel like preps is integrated into this software like xmf's is. or somewhat close to it? or does it launch another application. it was kinda tough to tell in the webex and i have never used the earlier versions of prinergy so im not sure how the new system compares.

Not sure if your comes with integrated imposition or not. It is called the Prinergy Signature Selection Tool. Basically you create the imposition and it opens that where you pick your templates, create your pageset, set your bleed and creep and go. You don't even need Preps but it doesn't have all of the features of Preps like using fold patterns, automatic shingling and bottling, etc. If you still use templates you will need Preps to create/modify them. And if you would rather just impose in Preps you can. Prinergy will launch Preps where you make your imposition and then "Save and return to Prinergy. So yeah it is integrated in a couple of different ways. The integrated imposition in XMF reminds me an awful lot of using Preps 7.

I think if you don't get the archive add-on you can't archive. We have the archive add-on and RBA which allows you to automate the archive. If you don't buy the archive add-on I think your only form of archiving is to export the job to zip file which does not keep the archive info in the database. And it also does not archive the source files or any notes. I think you probably do wan tthe archive funtionality where the database keeps track of the archived info.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jay12345

Rampage v13 - Rampage Remote 3.1 - Alwan ColohubX Eco 5.0.1 - Dynastrip 7.5 - Adobe CC - HP Indigo 5500 - HP Smartstream

Farabomb

I'm running EVO here and I just manually backup old jobs and pull files if a reprint is needed. It's not hard at all but it would depend on how much reprint work you do. It's minimal here.

And welcome to the asylum.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job