Make no mistake about Typekit

Started by Joe, July 11, 2014, 03:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on July 14, 2014, 04:24:46 PMI do work for a casket shoppe, and for the first time in my life I find myself wanting to get into sales to really saturate the market with this product. Each sale means one less person on this rock!

Lucky. I wanted to be a mortician when I was a kid.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

I used to help my father put in lifts for caskets in funeral homes. I've seen too many dead bodies for a young kid.

I will say the people that worked in funeral homes were great. They would answer any question I had and would even teach me. Now watching the brain fall out of the skull, slide down the table and into a bucket was a little much but strangely it really didn't bother me.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Prolly would have bothered you if they had missed the bucket. Splat!
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Oh, it made a splat when it hit the bucket.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

At least that's one job that will never disappear.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Gutnbg

I've just had my first experience with Typekit and already wish it would disappear forever.
I'm opening a pdf in Illustrator, and it said it could sync that ONE font. Ok, cool.
But from the spinning wheel it looks like it might take a week to ten days.
Which fargin' cloud are they going to, anyway?
 :death:
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

Joe

Quote from: Gutnbg on July 15, 2014, 06:02:23 PMI've just had my first experience with Typekit and already wish it would disappear forever.
I'm opening a pdf in Illustrator, and it said it could sync that ONE font. Ok, cool.
But from the spinning wheel it looks like it might take a week to ten days.
Which fargin' cloud are they going to, anyway?
 :death:

I think I see the problem. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Gutnbg

I didn't have a good copy of Word or Publisher, so I opened it in Adobe.  :cheesy:

*Opening a file in its non-native program is never my favorite workaround; it bugs the **** out of me.

Joe

Quote from: Gutnbg on July 15, 2014, 06:42:57 PMI didn't have a good copy of Word or Publisher, so I opened it in Adobe.  :cheesy:

*Opening a file in its non-native program is never my favorite workaround; it bugs the **** out of me.

"good copy of Word or Publisher"? That is as elusive as "political integrity"! :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Gutnbg

One of my NEW favorite oxymorons is "Job Fair."

There are two ways of looking at that, and neither of them works out right.
1. Is there going to be cotton candy at the expo center?
2. Do the good guys always win and the bad guys always lose, based on individual or departmental merits wherever you work?

Joe, I went back to check. Son of a gun, this customer actually DID send an Indy file to go with their pdf. (Will wonders never cease?)

Oh well, the press is running again, and everything is corrected now except the "untouchable" customer original.

Farabomb

When I worked with another incarnation of the Web shop we do covers for I was forbidden to touch the customer's file. No edits, even if it was total shit.

I now work with basically the same people, just different management. I get sent files constantly to unfuck now. As long as the overall look is the same, they are happy.

And they have a "prepress" department. More like an imposition department. I had to teach them how to make spreads from single pages FFS.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

A "fair" is where people go to eat, drink, and be merry (aka drink). It has nothing to do with submitting yourself as a new slave for the machine doing useless tasks on a daily basis for little reward.

Sometimes I'm tempted to show up at local job fairs and just fuck up everyone's day, so the recruiters return to their owners a bit dismayed and say "I don't want to do that again." lol
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

If you do, video that. I would love to see the fallen look on their faces when you piss in their cornflakes.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Syphon

I dread every time I get a InDesign file with fonts from Typekit.
The fonts almost never sync and have to turn off and on the font sync to get it to work.  :banghead:
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat