Currently preferred file formats

Started by ratintrap, July 23, 2009, 10:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KappAdv

Late to the party on this one but don't forget all printing places prefer a Publisher file.

gnubler

Publisher's pretty cool. I play around with it at home sometimes, made a flyer for my church. I like the clip art that comes with it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

gnubler

What? What do you use? You must be one of those "Adobe" people.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

tapdn

no, just kidding. I pretty much use Publisher for everything.  :embarrassed:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

gnubler

See! You can't beat it, for the price. It has some pretty sophisticated effects. I might make some business cards for my taco stand. Can Publisher print on really thick, laminated paper?

:laugh:

tapdn

Yes it can and I even used it to print T-shirt transfers for my kids.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

gnubler

I heard you can even make a web page with Publisher. Have you tried it?  :laugh:

David

believe it or not, I was given a free copy of it just last week, got it installed on my PC and it actually works, almost better than PAP.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

If you hadn't used the word "almost" we might have had a problem. PAP is as good as it gets.

tapdn

Works okay on the Mac too, but I wish they would come out with a Publisher Smear plug-in.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

gnubler

Pfft! You must be another one of those "Mac fanboys". A computer is a computer. My cousin got a brand new eMachine at Walmart for $399 and it works fine, plus he got a rebate offer for PAP. Meanwhile you spent $3,999 - ha! For what?

David

for a nice apple... eh red apple...

:laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

tapdn

...and it gives me something to talk about when I meet the gang down at Starbucks this week end. :rolleyes:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

gnubler

Working on a movie script, right?  :laugh: Or is it your autobiography?

"Tap's Prepress Dreams: A Chronology"