Anybody using any Preflight software like Flightcheck . . .

Started by Lumpy, December 09, 2011, 12:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on December 13, 2011, 11:20:27 AM
Quote from: Greg_Firestone on December 13, 2011, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 13, 2011, 10:47:06 AMPrepress is just too complicated to explain to the laymen.

Let's be honest . . .you tell someone you're in "printing" and they still have no idea what that means.

"I'm in the printing industry"
"Oh, like my epson stylus photos inkjet?"

Greg

Agreed. 99.9% of the population doesn't know how or what goes into printing a magazine and 100% of those people don't care either. When people ask me what I do their eyes glaze over when I try to explain prepress. Anymore I just tell them I work on computers. Then they usually ask how to fix theirs. :laugh:

I got caught in that trap trying to explain what I do. Family members and friends thinking I want to fix their POS machines. Digital Shit Shoveler gets a laugh and gets me out of any explanation.
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 13, 2011, 11:01:59 AM
Quote from: youston on December 13, 2011, 10:57:01 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 13, 2011, 10:47:06 AMThe key is to keep communication open and be open for it. I am not a people person, I've had to learn it over the last few months. Being positive about what I do is only part of it, the other part is being an example to others. It works... things are running MUCH better, less mistakes and even though we've had layoffs, the morale is actually up. BE THE EXAMPLE.

This explains your long absence ... you were off being brainwashed by The Man.  :cry:

Hahahah, brainwashed. Better then unemployed.

Yes. It's also better THAN unemployed. Using proper grammar goes better with that 3-piece suit, DCS.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: youston on December 13, 2011, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 13, 2011, 10:47:06 AMThe key is to keep communication open and be open for it. I am not a people person, I've had to learn it over the last few months. Being positive about what I do is only part of it, the other part is being an example to others. It works... things are running MUCH better, less mistakes and even though we've had layoffs, the morale is actually up. BE THE EXAMPLE.

This explains your long absence ... you were off being brainwashed by The Man.  :cry:

Yes. It's also better THAN unemployed. Using proper grammar goes better with that 3-piece suit, DCS.

And being pompous goes better with that stick in your ass.
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 13, 2011, 12:05:12 PM

If you say so, man. You're the expert, after all.  :grin:

David

youston, shouldn't this be "that stick up your ass"?
just sayin'
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: youston on December 13, 2011, 12:14:32 PM

Wow! That was almost too easy. Can you see your veins yet?
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 13, 2011, 12:20:56 PM

What was easy was making you think I was capitulating, when actually I was stating that you were an expert on both pomposity and sticks in asses. Jeez, it's like tricking a small child.  :grin:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: youston on December 13, 2011, 12:26:04 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 13, 2011, 12:20:56 PM

What was easy was making you think I was capitulating, when actually I was stating that you were an expert on both pomposity and sticks in asses. Jeez, it's like tricking a small child.  :grin:

I am only 12. I can play stupid, too. Problem is, it doesn't really suit you like my 3 piece.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on December 12, 2011, 06:27:06 PMshit they ripped off of the internet and expect a Rembrandt

Dealing with it today. Being asked if we'll print a lo-res watermarked image of some artist's oil painting.

Beyond tacky. :vomit:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

You guys are gross.

My dentist always interrogates me about what I do. Like others here, I learned long ago to refrain from saying anything about working on computers or (god forbid) that I work on websites. I usually just say "graphics" and try to end the conversation.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david