Pitstop 13 and Acrobat DC upgrade

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, April 24, 2015, 06:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Just wondering if anyone has made the double upgrade plunge to Acrobat DC using Pitstop 13.

I'd love to do it but if it's problematic then I won't. As it is, we're running Pitstop 12, update 3 with Acrobat 11 and it is buggy as hell but we're still functioning with the duo.

We really can't afford to be down 1 day with these programs.... any advice appreciated.

Oh, the O.S. is 10.9.4

Farabomb

Don't. There is a post here somewhere and it states DC sucks donkey and doesn't play nice with pitstop 13 just yet.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

Welp, I was wrong about 13, it's the other versions that don't play nice.

https://www.b4print.com/index.php?topic=8532.0

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Donkey Kong?

:drunk3: Yabba-Dobby-Do.

Hey come on, this is serious.

But then again, if the install is problematic i can make some overtime figuring out how to get the old version 11 and pitstop 12 to work.

Time Machine? Better run it tonight.

Farabomb

Oh, make sure you're on a recent OSX version or 13 won't install.

Well, it will install but it won't run.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Farabomb

I know 10.6.8 doesn't.  ;D

Now the boss is going to wonder why I'm pushing for a new macbook pro for me.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

abc

If you are on version 12 then the last version of that 12.3 works with Acrobat DC.

We have a lot of customers who just clicked 'upgrade' and are now using them together.

You don't need to go to version 13 for that, hopefully the new features are worth the upgrade anyway?

Latest PitStop system requirements are here. http://www.enfocus.com/en/products/pitstop-pro/system-requirements/

pspdfppdfxhd

We don't need to pay for the upgrade because we purchased version 12 not too long ago. It would be a free upgrade and I'm dying to try it.

Joe

Pitstop 13, the beta I was running on a spare mac, worked fine in both Acrobat XI and Acrobat DC. Acrobat DC is 64-bit only on the Macs and the Adobe CMM is 32-bit only and won't work but you can switch to Little CMS in Pitstop Color Management and everything works splendid after that.

The Custom Toolbars in Acrobat DC are pretty sweet. The Home/Tools screen that stays open after closing your PDF sucks though. Also the bright white background surrounding the PDF isn't nice either.

Right now there is no combination of Acrobat XI/DC | Pitstop 12U3/13 that doesn't work well though. But the added features in Pitstop 13 are the bomb.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Ok, the Elder has spoken, I've decided to pull the trigger and bite the bullet. Thanks Joe. Onwards and upwards, DC and 13 here we go! Full steam ahead and take no prisoners! :drunk3:

What the heck does DC stand for anyways?

Joe

Document Cloud

Be forewarned...the Adobe forums are chock full of people that hate Acrobat DC. I've got used to it.

And there is a known issue of interactive PDF's not displaying properly. Usually buttons created in InDesign with transparency effects. Adobe has acknowledged it is a bug an unnecessary feature and it will be fixed in the next update.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on April 24, 2015, 10:20:14 AMDocument Cloud

Be forewarned...the Adobe forums are chock full of people that hate Acrobat DC. I've got used to it.

And there is a known issue of interactive PDF's not displaying properly. Usually buttons created in InDesign with transparency effects. Adobe has acknowledged it is a bug an unnecessary feature and it will be fixed in the next update.

I've got used to it, yeah, the story of my life

mattbeals

DC and PP13 work fine for me. It's an odd change to the interface, but it's not hard to get used to.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.