News:

Main Menu

Font drop-off

Started by frailer, October 07, 2015, 07:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Customer asks for a fix our end. They want 2 photo credits in; small point size, in italics. Piece o' piss. Well, so I thought...

I duly do an edit in PitStop, but neglect to embed, (which I should have, but it didn't help anyway).

So, I send her the PDF (it's a folder, so small file size). Thing is, both CSR and customer do not have that type showing up.

I go back and Embed, with a GC, which I think should fix it. It rendered fine from the start, and showed as White KO; all good.

When I view that file on my iMac, it's fine. Turning O'print preview on/off makes no diff.

Is this a Mac/PC~email problem? Is my change being stripped from the email'd PDF, despite my subsequent embedding? Will Donald Trump become President of the USA?

Hoping for some answers, as it's driving me nuts.

The solution, of course, was to send a rendered file as proof, ex-Black Magic Export.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

How are the customer & CSR viewing the PDF? That would be my first question to them. I have clients who view PDFs in Preview and swear black and blue that things are not there. Tell them to open it in Acrobat and they soon shut up.

Don't get me started on the clients that approve jobs downloading a proof on their phone.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Joe

Ditto about using something like Preview. If there is transparency in the page it will not display correctly in Preview most of the time.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

For sure! Chrome preview screws everything up at least a little, rewraps almost guaranteed
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Farabomb

Why use the proper tool for approving a press run?

What could go wrong?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Ah... of course. "...how are they viewing it?"    :homer:    Gotta be it....

I'll see if I can do a Columbo on that.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

born2print

:rotf: ...ah yes, very good. So sorry to bother you nice folks and thank you for your time. Oh, just one more thing...
 8)  8)  8)
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

abc

Hi all
You might find this interesting and also very useful.
http://en.vigc.be/download/pdf-viewer-check/