I have been printing to our copiers from pc's but I
found the Docucolor 5000 Driver from the Fiery.com website. works ok,
but I can't remember how to get the copier to hold instead of print directly,

Im on a mac 10.7 Lion

still haven't found the driver for the 4110 yet

Tracy

xerox website now has the drivers and was able to apply Hold to it

DigiCorn

I actually thought it was a folder/queue setup, so when you send to the Fiery, it drops the file in the proper folder/queue. There's usually three: Direct / Hold / Print... not sure what Direct is, though.

[edit] also, you'd be better served to get the drivers direct from the copier manufacturer (in this case Xerox) than from EFI. Sometimes EFI has more advanced software than what the copier can handle and also sometimes the manufacturer <cough> (canon) <cough> tweaks the driver software with unique characteristics.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Thanks digi, still having problems test page printed but nothing else

still can print from pc's so I'm ok  :laugh:

can you elaborate on the folder que setup?

DigiCorn

What I do is install CWS on remote workstations, and then drag-and-drop my pdf to the hold queue in CWS. Then I can program and run remotely or at the Fiery.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

I think you can set up the Hold folder through your printer utility and also in CWS. I had to do that when some genius wiped out my printers one time, but can't remember exactly how I did it. If I could do it, though, it can't be too hard.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Possum on March 27, 2014, 12:32:40 PMI think you can set up the Hold folder through your printer utility and also in CWS. I had to do that when some genius wiped out my printers one time, but can't remember exactly how I did it. If I could do it, though, it can't be too hard.
yes; that requires the right driver to do. it shows up as a path.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

Yup, that's how we have ours set up for the Xerox macheens here too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

ok i see how to get to the copiers from the windows but where does the hot folder live?

DigiCorn

do you already have your hot folders created, and you have the imposition dongle?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

no, I guess that is no an option for us then, thanks tho :smiley:

I did get the driver I got from the xerox website to hold and the test page printed but I'm having issues
that I can probably fix as soon as I have time.

DigiCorn

I think you can still assign a hot folder, but it will only be programmed for a particular paper stock. With the imposition dongle you can create multiple hot folders and stripping templates so you could drop in a 1-up and it does the rest.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway