HELP PLEASE URGENT!

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 15, 2011, 10:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

All of a sudden images are coming into Indy at 50% of the size...why? Please tell me how to fix this.
I think the new help typed a key command to do such a thing and I have no idea how to fix it.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

Are you using a script to place multiple images or just one at a time?

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Ear

Have you opened one of the images in PS to check the "image size"... make sure they aren't rearranging pixel dimensions or have it set to metric? I've seen this happen.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

t-pat

placing new images or relinking images into existing picture boxes? If the original image was scaled in the picture box and you relink to a new image it will keep the scaling percentage of the old. Also if you are linking to something that has page boxes (ai, pdf) check that you are using the same or that the original has not changed as far as page boxes.

If placing new images not into existing boxes I have no idea.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Quote from: Skryber on November 15, 2011, 11:54:59 AMAre you using a script to place multiple images or just one at a time?

Quote from: Earendil on November 15, 2011, 11:59:34 AMHave you opened one of the images in PS to check the "image size"... make sure they aren't rearranging pixel dimensions or have it set to metric? I've seen this happen.

Not using a script, image size is fine in photoshop...it's weird. Does not place like that in Quack. Restarted Indy, I shall see. I there a control panel for DPI of your document in Indy?

PS: am not updating any images, these are new placements.
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Ear

If all else fails, trash the Indy Plist.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. Ugh.  :death:

Ear

This problem has you quite vexed and distraught, doesn't it? 

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

hold down the option key when you restart Indesign to get rid of the prefs
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Skryber

Is there a "Scale Graphics" in your Scripts panel?

Stiv

It seems that you may have set this up by accident.

To set format-specific import options, do one of the following:
   Select Show Import Options, and then click Open.
      Hold down Shift as you click Open or Shift-double-click a file name.
      Note: When you place a graphic created in Illustrator 9.0 or later by using the Show Import Options dialog box, the options are identical to those for PDFs. When you place an Illustrator 5.5–8.x graphic, the options are identical to those for EPS files.

Quote from: Earendil on November 15, 2011, 12:15:33 PMThis problem has you quite vexed and distraught, doesn't it?

YES!

Quote from: Stiv on November 15, 2011, 12:20:54 PMIt seems that you may have set this up by accident.

To set format-specific import options, do one of the following:
   Select Show Import Options, and then click Open.
      Hold down Shift as you click Open or Shift-double-click a file name.
      Note: When you place a graphic created in Illustrator 9.0 or later by using the Show Import Options dialog box, the options are identical to those for PDFs. When you place an Illustrator 5.5–8.x graphic, the options are identical to those for EPS files.
Yes, I'm sure this is an accidental key command.

This scaling "feature" seems to be size dependent. Small items come in at 100%, really large photos come in at 25% (but not all?), some come in as 50%.

I guess I'm going to trash the prefs. Thanks David for the tip. And I'll check back to see what else you great people have to say.

Sasquatch with old spice... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: david on November 15, 2011, 12:19:33 PMhold down the option key when you restart Indesign to get rid of the prefs
Would that be 'CONTROL' on a PeeCee?