Acrobat DC, oh woe is me

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, July 29, 2015, 01:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Don't know if I've mentioned this lately, but I am finding Acrobat DC sucks big time.

Could this be a computer/operating system issue? I doubt it, everything else seems to be working ok.

It's functioning just well enough to get by but crashes quite often when editing pictures. And the display quite often goes wonky when zooming and there's that annoying green sticky note that comes up when shift selecting with the pitstop.

Sucks..... I hope that there's an upgrade soon or I may have to drink more.
 :drunk3:

born2print

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on July 29, 2015, 01:37:29 PMDon't know if I've mentioned this lately, but I am finding Acrobat DC sucks big time.

Could this be a computer/operating system issue? I doubt it, everything else seems to be working ok.

It's functioning just well enough to get by but crashes quite often when editing pictures. And the display quite often goes wonky when zooming and there's that annoying green sticky note that comes up when shift selecting with the pitstop.

No one seems to like the interface changes. ABC hosted great tips on overcoming these exact issues on Enfocus seminars, I bet he could send you links to the recordings. Totally worth the time :thumbsup:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Ear

I'm holding out for Acrobat AC/DC :jammin:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on July 29, 2015, 01:37:29 PMDon't know if I've mentioned this lately, but I am finding Acrobat DC sucks big time.

It must just be you because the Adobe reps say it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the wheel.

Haven't really noticed crashing when editing pictures but  maybe I'm just lucky. The green sticky note when using SHIFT+CLICK with Output Preview open was introduced in Acrobat XI and carried over to DC. I've complained. They agreed to look at changing it so SHIFT+CLICK would do what it is supposed to do. They did not fix it in the latest update so I think their official stance is {quote}"Tough shit suckers! Adobe knows best how you should work! Just keep making those monthly payments and STFU!" {unquote}
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: born2print on July 29, 2015, 01:49:37 PM

No one seems to like the interface changes. ABC hosted great tips on overcoming these exact issues on Enfocus seminars, I bet he could send you links to the recordings. Totally worth the time :thumbsup:

Can ABC help me with DC?

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on July 30, 2015, 12:03:27 PM
Quote from: born2print on July 29, 2015, 01:49:37 PM

Can ABC help me with DC?

The whole alphabet can't help you with that POS.

wonderings

I like Acrobat DC. Not a heavy user for editing PDF's, but do the odd text changes here and there. It performs significantly faster then pervious Acrobat on my 5K iMac. I prefer the interface, especially when going back to the old one on another computer at work. Been very stable for me, do not think I have had it crash once on me.

Joe

I use Acrobat almost exclusively all day every day and every release since version 7 had added more mouse clicks for a prepresser to accomplish the same tasks. I dunno....maybe it has made others work easier but with prepress it has made it much worse over the years. And Adobe isn't shy that the product is not aimed at/for the print industry. And I quote:

[attachimg=1 width=450]

Farabomb

When you're really the only game in town you can be a bellend.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on July 30, 2015, 01:25:52 PMWhen you're really the only game in town you can be a bellend.

So Quark thought...Adobes time is coming.

Farabomb

You have a very good point there sir.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: wonderings on July 30, 2015, 01:04:12 PMI like Acrobat DC. Not a heavy user for editing PDF's, but do the odd text changes here and there. It performs significantly faster then pervious Acrobat on my 5K iMac. I prefer the interface, especially when going back to the old one on another computer at work. Been very stable for me, do not think I have had it crash once on me.

Well then maybe it's an issue here but who would ever know where to start looking.

Joe

When/where exactly in the process is it crashing?