News:

Main Menu

Outlook hates me

Started by Farabomb, July 12, 2016, 01:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Outlook 2013 was working fine for weeks. Now for some reason whenever it's closed, it wipes all emails. It was originally setup as IMAP. Now it's gotten worse as it won't even load without crashing. I can load it in safe mode and it seems to keep emails after closing but now won't open in regular mode. It also wipes all emails off the server so I've set up POP on safe mode and hopefully it won't purge everything.

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled but it still crashes. I really, REALLY don't want to reformat it but it's really doing weird things now. Windows update just hangs while looking for updates. Malwarebytes is running now but windows defender didn't find anything.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I'll bet upgrading to Office 2016 would fix it. :hello:

Outlook is a strange beast. I'd s rather poke myself in the eye with a fork than use it or have to FIX it for a stupid-ass salesman.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

Outlook is a fickle bitch. EVERYONE who uses it here has a problem. I refuse. On one of our rips, Outlook is installed and the past few months it's constantly asking for the password. Every few seconds. Seriously. I put in the password and it asks again and again and again. Within seconds. WHY?? It'll send and receive emails. I just leave that box open while I work. On top of that, I drop the server every 15 minutes or so and have to force quit Indesign. On the mac, different machine. Just Indesign. Not any of the other CS programs. Started happening around the same time.  :death:

:hello:

I'll have to update you guys on what has been happening here lately. Unbelievable. Family fighting bullshit.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Farabomb

Family fighting at a print shop? I've never heard of such things.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Sounds to me like you have a bad outlook, pal. :hello:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Made in Taiwan

What's the advantage of using Outlook anyway? Our company has a Gmail account and we log in via the internet browser. No problems.  :azn:
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

Joe

Quote from: Made in Taiwan on July 23, 2016, 09:46:17 AMWhat's the advantage of using Outlook anyway? Our company has a Gmail account and we log in via the internet browser. No problems.  :azn:

Outlook is just an email client like Apple Mail. Many people prefer an email client over webmail. And most mail services have webmail as well.

Also most businesses want their employees using email addresses that end in their domain and not something like email.com, hotmail.com, or yahoo.com. And to use gmail with your domain name costs $5 per month per user which is a little pricey.

Farabomb

It's not $5 a month if you're grandfathered, our azp accounts are gmail.  ;D

I have 3 choices for webmail here and all would cause a revolt in the office. Nobody will change ANYTHING here if they can avoid it. They were mad I couldn't install outlook 2007 on the new computer. I never figured out what the issue was. I installed an older copy and it seems to be working well.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Yeah MS made office versions so they can't be installed after a certain point. However Office 97 still works great on Windows 10. Must have slipped through the cracks.