epson 4880 MNT REQ 0001002D reset

Started by lellio1968, September 21, 2016, 12:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lellio1968

Hello all,
Well I have been neglectful of my proofing printer and now it wil not get past this code:MNT REQ 0001002D. Anyone have any suggestions? I need to get proofs off this thing.
What, me worry?

Farabomb

Hate to say it but look like you need to get Epson service in there. It's cleaning unit end of life error so you will have to replace parts.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

I wanted to do that to my 9800 after it puked a bearing out on the carriage but miracle of miracles I got it back together and working with only one broken part.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

lellio1968

Farabomb,
Thanks for the heads up, is this something I can do or is it best left to the pros? I found the cleaning assembly but am unsure about how involved it gets.
What, me worry?

DigiCorn

There is a way to enter a code to override the error request for service, but in the long run, it will need the service. I've seen EPSON certified professionals screw up the replacement of simple parts, and damage the machine beyond repair, so yeah, it can be complicated.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway