News:

Main Menu

PSP 10.3

Started by DigiCorn, October 24, 2012, 11:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

In that case...try using Onyx instead of Applejack and see if it still does it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

one question... why do you need to run applejack all the time for?
I may use it once in a while if my Mac is running slow or something keeps wigging out on me. But that may be once, maybe twice a year at best.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I run it daily on my mini. :tongue:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

I usually just run it every other Monday morning. Just 'cause.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

I only run it if I have issues.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Just happened again, under different circumstances.

I was connected to our Windows server via smb and copied one file to another server, also via smb. Then, I went to delete the original file from its original location via smb, and I got that -1 error during deleteion, where it kind of freezes. You know - when you can continue to work, but the delete file window never goes away. I clicked on the red x to close it, and got the spinning wheel of death. I force quit, which said the finder wasn't responding, so I relaunched, and the finder wouldn't come back. I ended up having to do a hard reboot, and PSP did it's thing again where it acts like it's being launched for the first time, but still has all my preferences except for window layout and points instead of inches.  :wtf:
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Doing a hard reset can can cause all kinds of problems. I know sometimes you just have to do it but it appears the real problem is with your networking and not with Pitstop. When it happens, is it always after an issue like that?

DigiCorn

I thought it was after I ran Applejack, but I'll keep a closer eye on what happens before it happens. We have had some weird network stuff lately.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

We have too. Came in this week to find I couldn't see one of the time clocks on the network. Traced it back to the HP Curve switch. No light. Plugged it into the next open port and it works again. Somehow a lone port out of 48 went bad over the weekend. Weird...

DigiCorn

Never known a switch, let a lone port, to go bad before. They usually "just work."
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Same here but nothing works out of that one port but all the rest still work.

Farabomb

I've seen ports die for no reason. I have 2 on my 16 port switch that are dead.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job