News:

Main Menu

Adobe CC Comp

Started by Slappy, April 02, 2015, 08:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Oh lookee, now dezigners can come up with idears on the shitter at Starfucks too!!  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

DOOMED! We is DOOMED as hell...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Quotea powerful tool for visual thinking

they are assuming that these people can think to start with...  and what exactly is "visual" about thinking?
Is there a lot of arm flailing about? maybe some muffled screams? raising the elbow doing 12 oz curls? maybe looking into the shitter and "visualize" this?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

From the files I get I thought they were already designing on the shitter. They wipe, scan and send it in.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

I loaded it up on the iPad, it's free after all, and even though it's not a full-fledged App, there's something oddly fun about throwing a page together on the tablet then zapping it right over to InDesign. Not sure how you get to all of your images & assets on the iPad side without sucking up a lot of storage, but still kind of neat.  :-[
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on April 07, 2015, 08:03:31 PMI loaded it up on the iPad, it's free after all, and even though it's not a full-fledged App, there's something oddly fun about throwing a page together on the tablet then zapping it right over to InDesign. Not sure how you get to all of your images & assets on the iPad side without sucking up a lot of storage, but still kind of neat.  :-[

I'm sure Adobe envisions you using Adobe Cloud storage.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I'm quite sure that won't be an issue for my customers. Their images max out at 72dpi and fonts? what are they?

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Gives another dimension to "it looks good on my (cell phone) screen."
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

frailer

The term 'creative genius' is used without apparent irony or sarcasm. A sign of trouble...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

David

no doubt...   genius my ass
Livin' la Vida Loca

StudioMonkey

"Adobe Comp CC, The Best Thing To Happen to Layout Ideation Since The Cocktail Napkin"

Will you guys STOP making words up please?
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

Nope, when people have no clue what they are talking about, they  make up shit like "make it pop" and "I want the color to make me feel".

Fuckoff, use big boy words everyone understands then maybe we can get this job off press.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

In other words, don't "act" like you know what you're talking about when you don't. You're not impressing those who do.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

I so wish the boss understood that fact.  :undecided:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

wish in one hand and piss in the other, see which one fills up first...
Livin' la Vida Loca