Adobe CC 2017 released

Started by Joe, November 02, 2016, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Nope never seen that through Adobe CC. But I wouldn't put it past them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Off topic, but not entirely...

Has anyone opened up an .indd 2017 Indesign from a .idml file and seen all the text wrap disappear? Just ran into this today

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on November 28, 2016, 11:25:07 AMOff topic, but not entirely...

Has anyone opened up an .indd 2017 Indesign from a .idml file and seen all the text wrap disappear? Just ran into this today

Haven't seen it but it has always been a possibility to see things differently in an IDML file. Adobe has warned us before of this.

Farabomb

Text wrap disappear? Did it reflow? I've seen that in the past opening newer versions in older ones. The imdl will get you something that you can open but there is a good chance of reflow or something else dropping out/moving/doing dumb shit.

In a perfect world we would all have the latest versions of all the software we need to process files correctly but we all know how that goes. The boss will come in screaming why did it reflow but he gets really pissed when you tell the truth and say because you wouldn't authorize buying the latest version of the software.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

One thing I noticed that is different, when you need to select a specific page to import
there is now an options drop down you have to select instead of just selecting show import options
I don't like it  :huh:

Joe

Adobe is really good at adding mouse clicks to do things that used to take fewer mouse clicks. I've seen it over the years with each and every version of each piece of software they do. And you can complain all day and all night and all they will say is "we made it better".

David

well, better is...  better.     donchaknow?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

wonderings

Quote from: Tracy on November 28, 2016, 02:38:49 PMOne thing I noticed that is different, when you need to select a specific page to import
there is now an options drop down you have to select instead of just selecting show import options
I don't like it  :huh:

I was not sure if that was a MacOS Sierra thing or an Adobe thing, definitely do not like it, very annoying that extra little click. Wish it was on be default, but seems to be on sometimes and off others. I would rather just leave it on all the time.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on November 28, 2016, 11:30:08 AM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on November 28, 2016, 11:25:07 AMOff topic, but not entirely...

Haven't seen it but it has always been a possibility to see things differently in an IDML file. Adobe has warned us before of this.

Just opened up another one, big file with tons of wrap around graphics...... was sweating as it opened..... but was all ok.

I dunno, maybe i just  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  think too much.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on November 30, 2016, 02:19:34 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 28, 2016, 11:30:08 AM

Just opened up another one, big file with tons of wrap around graphics...... was sweating as it opened..... but was all ok.

I dunno, maybe i just  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  think too much.

No...it couldn't be that! :rotf:

Farabomb

:drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3: 

And the text is moving you say?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

My vote was to go to CC 2016 as it seems all out clients are on 2015 or older for some rea$on,
but IT wants to skip it and go to 2017 so thanks for the info guys  :cool:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

Quote from: born2print on December 01, 2016, 11:42:05 AMMy vote was to go to CC 2016 as it seems all out clients are on 2015 or older for some rea$on,
but IT wants to skip it and go to 2017 so thanks for the info guys  :cool:

There was no 2016 version. It went from 15 to 15.x where x was I think 15.3 for Illy and 15.5 for Photoshop and even though here was an update for Indy it just showed as 15 after the update though the update was 15.3 I think. And then CC 2017 after that. Adobe is weird.

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

andyfest

We use Illy for 98% of our work and that's what our clients supply us with as well. It seems pretty standard for folding carton work. I've only received about a half-dozen CC2015 files (that I can't open) this year. Only about 10% of client-supplied files were done in CC2014 and the vast majority of client files are still supplied as CS6. It suits me fine as I don't see a lot of value-added features in the higher versions of Illy. Until the suits in the big city decide to spend some money and upgrade our RIP to Esko's AE, we are kind of stuck where we are for now.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro