barcode labelling software

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, May 25, 2015, 07:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I know this is out of the realm of prepress... but.... (don't we always get involved with a lot of tech issues).

Has anyone had any experience with barcode generating software for printing labels?

One of our clients has demanded we add labels to their shipment boxes that contain about 4 different code 39 barcodes. (product, quantity, etc.)

GinsTonic

I've used software called BarTender before - it's quite powerful, though possibly overkill for your needs...

DCurry

We recently took a look at Barcode Studio from TEC-IT. Looks pretty straightforward, and the price is pretty good. We like how it works hand-in-hand with HP SmartStream Designer variable data software (we use this a lot).

I've also used BarCode Pro in the past. No problems with that.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

mwc

Tec-it also has an online generator if you just need a few done. I have used in the past without issue.
http://barcode.tec-it.com/

pspdfppdfxhd

Sorry, didn't check here earlier, but we found one made by Aulux that seems to work really well for our purpose. I like the fact that it works with excel files.
 :drunk3:

Slappy

I wonder if it can pull data from FileMaker, I'd love to be able to generate trackable barcodes for large jobs with multiple parts. but there's no way we'll get CSRs here to do anything m ore than the absolute minimum amount of work.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

swampymarsh

If you have MIS/Print Management Software, you may already have this capability without knowing it!

pspdfppdfxhd

and the aulux software has the "stretch" type option. Its good when you have a data base with short or long names.....it'll narrow the long names to fit in the spot. Looks strange but it works well.