Networking need

Started by Joe, March 02, 2012, 01:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

PM Mr. Burns?   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

Quote from: frailer on March 02, 2012, 02:17:37 PMPM Mr. Burns?   :undecided:
That's what I named my BDR!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

the only thing I can find is to do Mac address filtering, which I don't think will help you in this situation.

still looking tho.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on March 02, 2012, 03:22:22 PMthe only thing I can find is to do Mac address filtering, which I don't think will help you in this situation.

still looking tho.

I know I can do it if I buy a $4,000 Cisco PIX. The company is balking at that idea though. Go figure...  :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Duffy

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2012, 04:20:27 PM
Quote from: david on March 02, 2012, 03:22:22 PMthe only thing I can find is to do Mac address filtering, which I don't think will help you in this situation.

still looking tho.

I know I can do it if I buy a $4,000 Cisco PIX. The company is balking at that idea though. Go figure...  :laugh:
What about adding a cheap seperate router and plugging it into another port on your existing solution?
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Joe

Quote from: Duffy on March 02, 2012, 04:22:38 PM

still looking tho.

What about adding a cheap seperate router and plugging it into another port on your existing solution?

I get the same result I've got now. That computer can still see others on the network.

Duffy

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2012, 04:23:49 PM

still looking tho.

I get the same result I've got now. That computer can still see others on the network.

What about taking an old server, do not add it to the PDC and only add that box as a member of a new domain.

Joe

Quote from: Duffy on March 02, 2012, 04:26:31 PM

still looking tho.

What about taking an old server, do not add it to the PDC and only add that box as a member of a new domain.

How would they have access to the internet?

Duffy

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2012, 04:41:52 PM
Quote from: Duffy on March 02, 2012, 04:26:31 PM

still looking tho.

How would they have access to the internet?

Use Windows Server to route the traffic only to that system, if you do not use a PDC now then you would just set up the sever as a PDC, add only the box you want to be a memeber and use the same gateway info to the router to "zone" the postal box off.