Any way to convert an iScript document into a more useful file??

Started by Fontaholic, January 24, 2014, 11:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hi everyone,

Just had a customer send me a theatre program in a native iScript file format -- something I've never dealt with before.

Is there a way to convert this into a different type of file? (Ideally InDesign -- yeah, right!! -- but at this point even Word would suffice.)

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller!

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Farabomb

Umm, that's some sort of programming code or assembly language. I'm pretty sure it's not print related.

Then again neither is power point and that doesn't stop anyone.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Short answer: No.

Long answer:

QuoteAbout iScripts

iScript is a script language for analyzing and manipulating usage events. You can access any field within the usage structure and modify it. Using an iScript, you can implement and configure new guiding rules, mapping scenarios, discounting structures, interfaces to user-defined database objects and to reference data, and operating report files.

iScript is the Pipeline Manager script programming language that can be used to customize Pipeline Manager. It can be used for:

Mapping operations that are not covered by standard modules.
Adjusting values, such as normalizing phone numbers and IP addresses.
Evaluating additional statistical data.
Firing events.
Performing splitting operations.
Performing customer-specific pre- or post-rating or enrichment functionality.
You use iScripts to perform the same operation on every EDR. For example, if you have to enrich or normalize data in EDRs or if you have to evaluate EDRs before splitting them.

iScript makes it easier than C or C++ programming languages to implement custom functionality and business policies.

So again...No. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

my question is WHY and then HOW would they know WTF iScript is, much less use it to build a program for print.
Don't they know Excel is far superior for page layout?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

I seriously hope you kicked that garbage back & told them to use a real fucking app. Ridiculous.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Fontaholic

Hey all,

Mercury must have been retrograde or something, because my communication skills were at an all-time low last week.

My mistake -- she sent me an iStudio file, not an iScript file...  :embarrassed:

Can an iStudio file be converted into something more useful?

She also provided me with a PDF, which I know damned well will need RBG black to 100% black conversion...  :angry:

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic

Joe

You already have the most useful thing from it. A PDF. It's a $29.99 application though so you could buy it if you need to make changes. :shoots_self:

Fontaholic

Quote from: Joe on January 27, 2014, 08:14:34 AMYou already have the most useful thing from it. A PDF. It's a $29.99 application though so you could buy it if you need to make changes. :shoots_self:

I was afraid somebody would say something like that...  :hangme:

Aaaaannnnnd on a semi-related note, it's only 9:30 am here and already things have turned to shit!   :banana:

(Not even close to a record, mind you...)

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Farabomb

I love the days when I'm getting calls on the way in. I'm not even there and I know the day is going to suck.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Quote from: Farabomb on January 27, 2014, 08:39:09 AMI love the days when I'm getting calls on the way in. I'm not even there and I know the day is going to suck.

Oh, these days I take it as a given that the day is going to suck...  :hangme:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic  :drunk3:

Farabomb

I don't even take the calls if I'm driving in. WTF do you think I'm going to do while driving? How about let me get in the door before you start pissing in my cornflakes.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on January 27, 2014, 10:16:25 AMI don't even take the calls if I'm driving in. WTF do you think I'm going to do while driving? How about let me get in the door before you start pissing in my cornflakes.

Illinois outlawed cell phone use while driving (except hands free) at the first of the year so it is now against the law for me to answer the phone while driving. :iwin:

Farabomb

Same law here. If I'm in the GF's car I may hear the phone, in my car if it's not in the mount on the windshield I won't hear it.

Matters not, I can't fix anything doing 50 mph. Since prepress is considered voodoo nobody in the shop wants to get near anything.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Grimace

Quote from: Farabomb on January 27, 2014, 10:16:25 AMI don't even take the calls if I'm driving in. WTF do you think I'm going to do while driving? How about let me get in the door before you start pissing in my cornflakes.

That's what was happening to me before I freaked out on the offender.

Something about "LET ME TAKE OFF MY FUCKING COAT AND CLOCK IN BEFORE YOU TALK TO ME!" that finally sunk into them. Well not really, they first went crying(literally) to the supervisor about how mean I was being.

Farabomb

Oh, I've called out as a "dick" here. It has stuck in the bosses head too. I think that has to do more with that he wants to he the head dick.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job