News:

Main Menu

font embeding

Started by elko, February 24, 2015, 05:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

There is calibri font in the pdf. It is subset. I need to embed it.

Actions "select font by name" or "select subset font" and "embed font" doesnt work.

Global change "embed font" doesnt work.

Global change "remap font" to calibri from sytem works but the second step the change makes is subseting the font. 

Preflight fix shows me it is fixed (embed it) but the inspector shows me it is still subset.

The only way to embed it is manualy select the text line and change it per inspector (font picker).

DCurry

Subset is embedded - it just embeds only the used characters instead of the entire font.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

elko

I would like to embed entire font....... "embed font" should embed entire font or not?

Made in Taiwan

Normally it should work. But I can reproduce your problem. You can embed Times New Roman, but not Calibri. Why do you want to embed completely? It makes no difference if a font is subset or fully embedded unless you want to edit the text.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

elko

there is a customer and he wants to edit the text in the visitcard, I ve not had the text yet... so I tried to prepare the pdf........

Made in Taiwan

Seems like in that case you'll have to take the more difficult way via Inspector - Select font. I've just made a simple document for trying with Calibri and some other fonts in it and I face exactly the same problem like your file has, I can embed all fonts directly via global change except for Calibri. So I did a quick Google search and some people have the same problem. Maybe a font bug?
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

Possum

Calibri might be one of those fonts you just can't embed. I have a whole slew of decorative fonts all from one company, and none of them can be embedded. I have to outline them when I use them.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

In your action list commands there is one called check font license. Create an action list using this and it will tell you if any fonts cannot be embedded or outlined. Just make sure when you run the action that it is set to show you the results or you will think nothing is happening.

If you don't have the font loaded on the Mac it can't embed the whole font. It might be possible to embed the entire font if you have it open on your Mac. I think Calibri is a Microsoft font as it is the default font for Wordpad on Windows 7 and 8.1. You could try copying it to your Mac and loading it and then try embedding it. That may or may not work depending on the licensing.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mattbeals

He can't edit the text in the PDF himself unless he has the tools to do it. You're better off resetting the string of text for him.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

elko

Quote from: mattbeals on February 24, 2015, 12:25:06 PMHe can't edit the text in the PDF himself unless he has the tools to do it. You're better off resetting the string of text for him.
what do you mean "resseting the string" ??
Quote from: Joe on February 24, 2015, 10:09:14 AMIn your action list commands there is one called check font license. Create an action list using this and it will tell you if any fonts cannot be embedded or outlined. Just make sure when you run the action that it is set to show you the results or you will think nothing is happening.

If you don't have the font loaded on the Mac it can't embed the whole font. It might be possible to embed the entire font if you have it open on your Mac. I think Calibri is a Microsoft font as it is the default font for Wordpad on Windows 7 and 8.1. You could try copying it to your Mac and loading it and then try embedding it. That may or may not work depending on the licensing.
the check font licence didnt show anything........... i am on win 7 and the font is in system....... it looks the problem is in the pdf, couse manualy I am able to embed, I can remap any font to calibri in any other pdf and it is embeded...... ive got a pdf where is subset calibri too but it is true type and it could be embeded with no problem......

I used virtual printer "adobe PDF" and printed the pdf. The printer changed the font to truetype and embeding by global embeding passed fine.....

Farabomb

Quote from: elko on February 25, 2015, 03:18:08 AM
Quote from: mattbeals on February 24, 2015, 12:25:06 PMHe can't edit the text in the PDF himself unless he has the tools to do it. You're better off resetting the string of text for him.

Probably re-typesetting the text string.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

mattbeals

Quote from: elko on February 25, 2015, 03:18:08 AM

Typeset the string again.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

elko

Interesting issue....... pitstop coudnt use entire font in the original pdf neither after embedding by printer Adobe PDF (distiller), but acrobat edit tool can

abc

Hi Elko
Can you ping an email to 'support@enfocus.com'
let's find out what's going on