Backsave and troubleshooting

Started by Farabomb, March 06, 2012, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Totally understand the maiden name thing, smart to keep some things off the net.

What type of sword is it? I've been lusting after Japanese swords since I was a wee tyke. I've always wanted one but after doing research it's cost prohibitive and really not practical for me to get a real one.

I did have no problem getting the chef knife I posted up though. Made by an old sword maker and practical as a kitchen knife.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

saw the pic of the knife you got - very nice
I will try and get a pic of the sword!
you should check out knife making, I was going to get into it one time
well the miniature knife making anyway :laugh:
I dabble in jewelry making / silversmithing

sorry i jacked your thread :laugh: carry on with back saving!

Farabomb

Jack away, I have never minded threadjacking.

Funny that you mentioned knife making. My cousin is building a forge in his backyard for knife making. I have a few railroad spikes I've been saving for a while in case I ever had the chance to make my own blades.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

My ex-wife was from Japan, so I've spent some time there. At our local swap meet there's a guy who has tons of movie knock-off samurai swords. I wanted the Hittori Hanzo sword from Kill Bill, but up close it didn't look that great. The best looking one to me was the sword Tom Cruise used in the Last Samurai. I got it and a display holder + the sheath for $25. Obviously it's not real, and unsharpened, but the guy scratches the metal in a way that makes the blade look real enough... and it does have a somewhat sharpened point on it and it's heavy. You could do some damage with it, if you intended to.

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

I really want a zatoichi style sword since I was introduced to it reading Usagi Yojimbo. More practical than a fancy sword as well. I've seen a few on amazon that are inexpensive but I really don't expect much for not a lot of money. If I'm going to do it I will do it right and get a true blade, not a wall decoration.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on March 08, 2012, 12:04:02 PMI really want a zatoichi style sword since I was introduced to it reading Usagi Yojimbo. More practical than a fancy sword as well. I've seen a few on amazon that are inexpensive but I really don't expect much for not a lot of money. If I'm going to do it I will do it right and get a true blade, not a wall decoration.
I have an autographed copy of Usagi Yojimbo that a friend of my ex got for me at one of the Comic Cons (I think it was in Chicago - not San Diego). Anyway, it's got bad mojo for me, so if you want it, I'll give it to you.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Damn, that would be awesome. I stopped collecting a while back but I still have most of my books.

Hit me up in PM when you get a chance.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Quote from: Farabomb on March 08, 2012, 11:54:31 AMJack away, I have never minded threadjacking.

Funny that you mentioned knife making. My cousin is building a forge in his backyard for knife making. I have a few railroad spikes I've been saving for a while in case I ever had the chance to make my own blades.

nice!!! I love working with metal (not plates) :laugh:
it seems common for prepress people to be talented in other areas
you should do it!

Farabomb

I came from a family of machinists and millwrights. I knew how to weld before I knew what my wee-wee did. I come from a over-engineering German family. Whatever was needed to accomplish it, double it.

Unfortunately the family shop went under. By the time I was of legal working age it was gone.  :cry:

I still love to make things and work with my hands.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job