Indesign CS6 weirdness

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, July 11, 2012, 10:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I haven't seen a thread on any problems with InDesign CS6 yet. Perhaps it is trouble free? :drunk3:

So far I've had troubles with it recognizing fonts that CS5 is okay with.....then a color shift with spots on proofs.

Have'nt had time to look into it though, so busy this could all be my imagination anyway.

:drunk3: :drunk3:

Joe

We don't have it so there is nothing to go wrong yet. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

me neither...   as in we don't have it yet

no worries
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Grimace

CS6 doesn't cause problems. It solves them.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Grimace on July 11, 2012, 11:12:16 AMCS6 doesn't cause problems. It solves them.

Sounds good, are you actually serious? :drunk3:

David

as serious as any 12 year old can get...

as long as there is liquor involved

no 12 year olds were harmed in the filming of this incident
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: david on July 11, 2012, 11:24:13 AMas serious as any 12 year old can get...

as long as there is liquor involved

no 12 year olds were harmed in the filming of this incident
I've got some 12-year-old Scotch at home. It's pretty serious.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pspdfppdfxhd

frailer

We're getting it in the next few weeks. Ironically (or maybe not), we're forced in earlier because the person who regularly supplies us the crappiest files is upgrading. I can't wait.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gtrev

I hear that New Zealander's have a special version called CS Sux
What proof?

frailer

Quote from: gtrev on July 13, 2012, 12:34:27 AMI hear that New Zealander's have a special version called CS Sux

:laugh:   But will our north american friends understand the double joke.?    :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

David

nah, we don't get anything...

lol
Livin' la Vida Loca

NefariousDrO

I've been warned that cs6 displays all spot colors with the LAB profiles, not cmyk, which has caused problems with soft-proofing and a few color-proofers as well. As for fonts, I've been cursing nearly all of the versions of Creative Suite, because each version seems to "see" the font names of loaded/used fonts slightly different from each other. So if I open a file made in the previous version, I have to manually go and tell it to use the same blasted fonts that have remained loaded the entire time because it's too stupid to be consistent.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yeah, it's the lab profiles for sure