Unbelievable Resource!

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, October 28, 2008, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 29, 2008, 09:35:59 AM
Quote from: delooch on October 29, 2008, 09:33:42 AMdang. 2.6gb later they turned me off. thanks for bringing back my days as a download fiend dcs..

I know... it's addictive. :evil: Get some good stuff?

DCS, you're an unbelievable resource. Brains, I need more brains!  :evil:

Seriously, it is a cool site. Found a couple bunk links but most is solid. Damnit, now I want to buy a premium rapidshare account.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

delooch

Quote from: Earendil on October 29, 2008, 09:39:10 AM
Quote from: delooch on October 29, 2008, 09:33:42 AMdang. 2.6gb later they turned me off. thanks for bringing back my days as a download fiend dcs..

Seriously, it is a cool site. Found a couple bunk links but most is solid. Damnit, now I want to buy a premium rapidshare account.

dude its well worth the $5.62 for the 3 day pass. Paypal it and you are safe. I started with the free user service, but i was getting 250KB+ downloads on up to 15 simultaneous transfers on the premium acct.

grabbed pretty much everything available until i reached my limit. going back tonight for more.

I was disappointed that the Rat Fink GFX link was broken, but there are a few more buried in there.

The funny thing is, we have this designer that does a lot of work for the city. I easily recognized several backgrounds/gfx from her work posted up there.  Not to say shes getting them there, but its dissapointing as i thought it was all original work..

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: delooch on October 29, 2008, 09:42:13 AM

dude its well worth the $5.62 for the 3 day pass. Paypal it and you are safe. I started with the free user service, but i was getting 250KB+ downloads on up to 15 simultaneous transfers.

I was disappointed that the Rat Fink GFX link was broken, but there are a few more buried in there.

PM me your e-mail Looch.... I got it.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

Yeah, I still do the free. I got ALL the time in the world for shit like this. MONEY DOES GROW ON TREES! I LOVE that movie BTW... one of my all time favs!
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 28, 2008, 07:52:46 PM
Quote from: gnubler on October 28, 2008, 05:51:39 PMKthanks, trying it out now. Time to download more vector goodness.

EDIT: WinRAR says it's only good for 40 days. Guess I'll use it while I can.

EDIT 2: One of the download sites just crashed my Firefox for the second time, both times some Russian or Cyrillic language site. Slower than crap to download. What's your secret, DCS?

Keep to the RapidShare and DepositFiles. FileFactory works most of the time. I get pretty good DL speeds, 150-300 KB per second, so i'm happy. Sometimes files go corrupt, so watch out for that, but it's pretty rare. I do download photos, but the vector art and brushes are by far my choice. I am a collector of clipart, fonts, royalty free images. I am no Desinger, but I love when someone asks, "Hey you got a JimLee BoldItalic font, or a photo of a circa 1960s telephone, or a piece of Unicorn clipart?" I just say, yep. I have amassed a collection of digital treasures that would choke a donkey.

Ok sporto, I'm looking for a halfway decent photo of the keep on truckin dude from the 60's for a company poster.

Amaze me.

Slappy

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Sorry G, been working. Had a customer sit down. Slappy gotchoo hooked up I see. Let me know if you need anything else.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: Slappy on October 29, 2008, 01:15:22 PMLike this guy?

Clip art and everything, thanks Slappy!

No prob D.

Foozball

Mmmmm, free stuff, GOOOOODD!!  :kiss:

Foozball

But this stuff BAAAD!!!! :angry:

Why can't they make it MORE illegal to spread really crap stuff??

gnubler

Wait - I can download PAP for free?

Bye! I'm outta here.

p.s. I've been downloading art from this site and about 1/10th of the .rar files I get prompt me for a password to "open the encrypted file". Can I bypass that or should I just trash those downloads?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on November 03, 2008, 02:44:59 PMWait - I can download PAP for free?

Bye! I'm outta here.

p.s. I've been downloading art from this site and about 1/10th of the .rar files I get prompt me for a password to "open the encrypted file". Can I bypass that or should I just trash those downloads?

Before dowloading, the files should indicate a password. It will be right below the link to DL. If you have a history, go back and find the password. If not, do a search. No reason to chuck them... but they are passworded.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

K, thanks. I'll check from now on. I never noticed any sort of password near the link.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on November 03, 2008, 02:50:45 PMK, thanks. I'll check from now on. I never noticed any sort of password near the link.

I bet you check from now on though. It's there if you need it. I have never DL'd one thing I was not provided a PW.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 03, 2008, 02:53:01 PM
Quote from: gnubler on November 03, 2008, 02:50:45 PMK, thanks. I'll check from now on. I never noticed any sort of password near the link.

I bet you check from now on though. It's there if you need it. I have never DL'd one thing I was not provided a PW.

So far, many of the passwords are: www.heroturko.com