Sticky 4-col to Gray conversion

Started by frailer, October 29, 2012, 06:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

It was a Photoshop issue Matt. Photoshop wasn't saving the corrected image back into the PDF.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

swampymarsh

Quote from: Joe on November 01, 2012, 11:51:20 PMIt was a Photoshop issue Matt. Photoshop wasn't saving the corrected image back into the PDF.

I've seen that too. Been burnt once too often. Now I always duplicate the final touchup image into a new temp file, then save and close the touchup image. If it fails to update in Acrobat Pro, I then use the touchup again and this time copy/paste the duplicate image over it again and save. It then usually updates. You know how it goes, the image will NOT update when you have done a lot of edits and you don't have a duped version for safety.

Made in Taiwan

Ran into the same issue before. Picture converted to greyscale, saved, but it didn't update in Acrobat. So I did the conversion again, but this time saved it as a new file, and then imported it into Acrobat and placed it right on top of the original picture.

Need to be careful though. I don't know why, but during the conversion in Photoshop the picture got resized, it was more narrow than before. The height was still OK.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.