PDF comparisons

Started by Dean Taylor, July 30, 2015, 07:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Taylor

Any suggestions on software to do content comparisons between two pdf's. Would like to be able to compare a before and after version of a pdf after making customer requested alterations to client files. Previously on Prinergy and used Kodak's PDF compare feature in the Kodak tools in Acrobat. We have switched to Fuji's XMF and are in need of a suitable replacement. Have used the built in compare feature in Acrobat but most of our files are PDF's out of Illustrator and Acrobat balks on them giving us a "File is too complex" message. Most solutions am finding online  are more suited strictly text document pdf's.

Farabomb

I'd be interested in this as well. I'm presently on prinergy but I believe our upgrade path will involve XMF in the future. I like the kodak tools but it's less than stable on my system for some reason.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DCurry

This would be a down-and-dirty solution, but you could open the 2 PDFs in Photoshop, then drag one on top of the other as a new layer and change the blend mode to Difference and any pixels that don't match up exactly will show up pretty clearly. Not fun for a long document, though.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

I got the file too complex message today and it said to select scanned documents
did that and it started to go thru the document and the force quit window said acrobat not responding
I waited awhile and it went through it.

michaelcramos

Hi im new here and not sure if you found a solution. But we use PDF comparator. Heres a link http://download.cnet.com/PDF-Comparator/3000-18497_4-75050585.html

Good luck

Dean Taylor

Found Callas Software PDF Toolbox. Downloaded test version and have not run into any pdf files that it has not dealt with as of yet.

mattbeals

callas pdfToolbox has a PDF compare feature, so does Acrobat Pro.

This also works well. http://vslavik.github.io/diff-pdf/
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.