News:

Main Menu

QR codes

Started by Laurens, November 22, 2009, 10:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

What? You have whipped me 80 times more than I've whipped.  :blank:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: gnubler on June 23, 2011, 07:15:46 PMWhat? You have whipped me 80 times more than I've whipped.   :sarcasm:
FIXED
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

I just scrolled thru recent posts and half of them are you whipping everybody multiple times.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: gnubler on June 23, 2011, 07:25:11 PMI just scrolled thru recent posts and half of them are you whipping everybody multiple times.
whipping everybody? Angelic me?  :angel:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

Quote from: gnubler on June 21, 2011, 12:20:03 PMMark my words, you will be seeing QR tats in the very near future. It'll be like Holocaust branding, but voluntarily.
Will be seeing? Yeah, they kinda got the jump on that already...
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

Told ya. Mike Judge is YEARS ahead of us.

Unscannable!

Laurens

I went to a seminar where QR codes were also on the agenda. I must admit that some of examples shown that went beyond the simple 'click here to go to a web site' were pretty interesting. Scan the code on a poster to add the concert to your agenda - kinda neat! The presenter didn't show any tombstone codes - I guess those are old hat by now.
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

Slappy

Yeah, I've done a few that will create an Event in the device's Calendar upon scanning. Good for seminars or things you want people to sign up for & remember. I also just did some on static cling for our building doors that automatically let FourSquare users Check-In when they arrive here. Trying to get the Mgmt to offer some kind of Free Thing every X number of visits.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

I wonder if they actually work.  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on November 02, 2011, 04:02:19 PMI wonder if they actually work.  :rolleyes:

Oh, you want them to work? That costs extra.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Quote from: Joe on November 02, 2011, 04:03:22 PM
Quote from: Earendil on November 02, 2011, 04:02:19 PMI wonder if they actually work.  :rolleyes:

Oh, you want them to work? That costs extra.

Kind of like bindery people?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Like the barcode I got last year in the shape of a handgun. :laugh:

Slappy

About 3/4 of them did for me - iPhone 4 with either QuickMark or Qrafter. Hard to say if they'd do an better in print instead of on the screen. Of the ones that did scan though, not many go to mobile optimized pages - Fail.