News:

Main Menu

Business Plan

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, July 23, 2016, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Quote from: Farabomb on July 26, 2016, 01:26:21 PMI didn't know you swung that way Tracy.  :dev2:
:banghead:
I knew it when I typed it :laugh:

Farabomb

It's ok, we accept all types here.

salesmen need to be vetted.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

Managing social is going to be a huge undertaking. To get anybody who knows wtf they're doing, it's likely going to be young talent, hard to relate to and potentially harder to manage. Companies have really high, unrealistic expectations of what they "get" for having Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat etc. exposure - seems like a quicksand part of the puzzle best let alone.

Deal with the tangible to start with, or you'll be herding cats and stepping in Tootsie Rolls™ the whole time.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Slappy on July 27, 2016, 07:56:24 PMManaging social is going to be a huge undertaking. To get anybody who knows wtf they're doing, it's likely going to be young talent, hard to relate to and potentially harder to manage. Companies have really high, unrealistic expectations of what they "get" for having Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat etc. exposure - seems like a quicksand part of the puzzle best let alone.

Deal with the tangible to start with, or you'll be herding cats and stepping in Tootsie Rolls™ the whole time.

I totally agree, that's why I'm not the guy doing that part. We do have a plan that I think will work pretty well, if I understand it correctly. I have a meeting tomorrow, we are getting down to finalizing what we are going to do. I think it will totally work.

I thank you and the rest of the gang for giving me opinions. You guys make me feel better about it, for sure.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Farabomb on July 28, 2016, 06:23:16 AMHire me.  :'(  :'(

Thanks, F-Bomb. I really want to believe this is going to take off, but I have been wrong before.

My meeting is tonight, so I'll let you know what transpires. We are wanting to get started on this IMMEDIATELY.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

I'm through the first couple chapters of your opening post... I'll weigh in once I finish it.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Ear on July 28, 2016, 11:11:08 AMI'm through the first couple chapters of your opening post... I'll weigh in once I finish it.

I did warn you. Let me know, I value your opinion.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

I give it a 85, it has a good beat and I like to dance to it...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

ooooh, David got the moves?

DigiCorn

I tried to do a broker/graphics thing back in '04. I printed up brochures and hit the pavement. I went absolutely nowhere, but I wasn't pushing social media because it wasn't really around yet. I got a few jobs, and got stiffed on payment. At that time, my house had a "studio," in the back so I even had brick and mortar free of charge.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 28, 2016, 06:08:53 PMI tried to do a broker/graphics thing back in '04. I printed up brochures and hit the pavement. I went absolutely nowhere, but I wasn't pushing social media because it wasn't really around yet. I got a few jobs, and got stiffed on payment. At that time, my house had a "studio," in the back so I even had brick and mortar free of charge.

This is a little different. Same principal, but I won't physically be doing "anything" except, maybe pushing graphics on occasion and wrangling customers. If it comes to calling people, I am lost, but walk-ins, I'm gold. I can talk the pants off of you.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

And possibly skin as well.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 28, 2016, 10:19:55 PMI can talk the pants off of you.
Can you at leatht buy me a drink firtht, thailor?

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 29, 2016, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 28, 2016, 10:19:55 PMI can talk the pants off of you.
Can you at leatht buy me a drink firtht, thailor?

Sure... after you help me get this couch in my van.
Member #285 - Civilian