He-e-elp...create 'open path'

Started by frailer, September 26, 2016, 06:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

In-house dezinger has created a 'box' to give us a die-cut. We only need the curved  left hand side. Need to get rid of the top/bottom/right of the 'box'

OK, can Remove Anchor point, but is there a way of 'breaking the Anchor Point joins, top/left + bottom/left? So then I can delete unwanted?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Couldn't you impose the job in XMF and export a PDF? 
It should clip to the bleed margin that you set.

You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Quote from: Diddler on September 26, 2016, 07:32:23 PMCouldn't you impose the job in XMF and export a PDF?
It should clip to the bleed margin that you set.
Yeah, that workaround was considered. Thankfully, there were a number of other problems, so it's fixed upstream now. How it should be, really.

I think maybe it could be done via Ungroup, or Release Compound Path.
Then delete unwanted... then 'Group' the needed stuff. I'll tool sometime for later possible use.

Am about to open the 2nd attempt for the day, which she's just linked.   :shoots_self:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Possum

Good luck. Sometimes releasing a compound path gives you all sorts of nightmares.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

andyfest

If it's in Illy, I'd use the scissors tool to cut the box at strategic points, then use the arrow tool to select the individual lines and delete them, leaving the curved line that you want.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro