Export PDF without overprints

Started by K3NS4N, October 13, 2015, 12:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3NS4N

Hi everbody.

I wonder if is possible export pdf without overprints.

Sometimes there is files with overpints, and I is so hard detect it

I use acrobat  6 (pdf 1.5)

Farabomb

I'm curious why you would want to do this.

Also, clicking on simulate overprint in output preview isn't all that hard.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Mikie

I don't think it is possible. I know I have a process plan when it rips a pdf it sets all colors to knock out. Not much help if your rip system can't do that :)

abc

You could remove all the overprint after the file has been exported in a tool like PitStop.
Bear in mind though this could effect transparency so you need to be wary.

I also am curious why you want to do this?

Joe

Quote from: K3NS4N on October 13, 2015, 12:18:46 PMHi everbody.

I wonder if is possible export pdf without overprints.

Sometimes there is files with overpints, and I is so hard detect it

I use acrobat  6 (pdf 1.5)

Sure...set everything you don't want to overprint as knockout. PDF export should honor it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

K3NS4N

Quote from: abc on October 13, 2015, 03:53:37 PMYou could remove all the overprint after the file has been exported in a tool like PitStop.

In my work, I use usually Illustrator and CorelDraw.
When I want export pdf files, this app has an option for disregard overprints, but I wonder if Illustrator has this option too.
The reason is because designers sometimes put overprint white color or maybe other color and don't understand the problem this can produce.

Lyzan

Quote from: K3NS4N on October 13, 2015, 11:14:27 PM
Quote from: abc on October 13, 2015, 03:53:37 PMYou could remove all the overprint after the file has been exported in a tool like PitStop.

In my work, I use usually Illustrator and CorelDraw.
When I want export pdf files, this app has an option for disregard overprints, but I wonder if Illustrator has this option too.
The reason is because designers sometimes put overprint white color or maybe other color and don't understand the problem this can produce.

The solution to your problem is for you to understand why we do overprint and knockout in our design. Then ask your boss to buy relevant application and send you to training :-)

//Lyzan

mattbeals

Use enfocus pitstop to fix white overprints.

If you have blue text on a red background and you want to intentionally create purple text, you overprint. Removing that purposeful overprint creates a spoilage.

Don't solve one problem with a fix that creates another.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

StudioMonkey

Use Simulate Overprint to show up any problems, Screendump and send that to the designer asking for revised artwork.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana