Automator: Hot Folders for Preps 7

Started by Dorg, April 29, 2016, 01:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorg

Hi! Can you help me?
We bought the program PrePS 7.5, but in our licenses there is not include hot folders. I want to try to do imposition from hot folders with Automator. But in the Internet very little information about how to write a script for preps. Maybe someone did something similar? Thanks in advance! Sorry for my English, is not my native language.

Joe

I don't think Preps 6.x or 7.x are scriptable via Applescript. At least I can't find any documentation from Kodak that they are. The latest info I can find about Preps and Applescript is for Preps 5. I also do not see anything in the Preps 7.x documentation that there is a hot folder option for any Preps license. What are you trying to accomplish exactly?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Dorg

Quote from: Joe on April 29, 2016, 07:25:47 AMWhat are you trying to accomplish exactly?
Thanks for you answer!
I have same templates for business cards and flayers and etc. I would like create same folders, which automatically start imposing to Preps of inner files from template. Or will start AutoGang for example. And print result in another folder.
I have stand alone license without Prinargy and without automation AutoGang, only manual.