How to replace image in PDF

Started by Daniel, July 01, 2009, 05:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Welcome to the forums Robin!

Nice tip on the Magic PDF software, thanks.
Sadly, it only runs on a PC and there is no mention of the price.
Depending on the price, it could be an alternative to Acrobat.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

determined

Murphy must have been in printing....

Laurens

Great topic! I've used the Touchup procedure quite a lot in the past and it works fine. I've added a link to this discussion on my page about editing PDF files. Keep the good stuff coming about alternative ways of swapping PDF files.
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

hotmetal

Spent the better part of the shift working my way thoroughly through the PitStop user guide. Previously I just poked at it, used the selection tools to get rid of intruding marks and scales, stuff like that. Now I is an xpert! Relatively speaking, of course. And I owe it all to my young mentor, DCS for reminding me that learning can still be fun even when there's no atta-boy pats on the back for putting out the extra effort around here!   :wink:   Who cares, this stuff is downright fun!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: hotmetal on July 08, 2009, 07:03:04 PMSpent the better part of the shift working my way thoroughly through the PitStop user guide. Previously I just poked at it, used the selection tools to get rid of intruding marks and scales, stuff like that. Now I is an xpert! Relatively speaking, of course. And I owe it all to my young mentor, DCS for reminding me that learning can still be fun even when there's no atta-boy pats on the back for putting out the extra effort around here!   :wink:   Who cares, this stuff is downright fun!

Excellent. The plus side... Better prepared and armed with knowledge against those arrogant Desingers. Nothing I love more than knocking a veteran know-it-all and legend in his own mind Desinger to his knees. :evil:
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: hotmetal on July 08, 2009, 07:03:04 PMPreviously I just poked at it, used the selection tools to get rid of intruding marks and scales, stuff like that. !

It seriously saved my arse again today. Copy and paste some Front Cover footer type on the previous imposed forme...Hong Kong became Brisbane; flick the old one...proof'n'plate.
It was a repeat job (oops-the-colour-doesn't-match-the -previous). Previous becomes current in one minute. The more I use it the more I rely on it.   :relieved:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Dramatictimes

Do you have MS Word? If so, just a PDF to Word Converter can solve the problem, after editing, use the free office add-in SaveAsPDF to save word as pdf format by clicking files>save as. You all can have a free trial and sincerely hope they can do you some favor.

tapdn

...got to be a put-on.  :tongue:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

almaink

Quote from: Dramatictimes on August 18, 2009, 01:39:47 AMDo you have MS Word? If so, just a PDF to Word Converter can solve the problem, after editing, use the free office add-in SaveAsPDF to save word as pdf format by clicking files>save as. You all can have a free trial and sincerely hope they can do you some favor.

Word? In prepress?
I could use a screwdriver to hammer a nail too, but WTF would I?  :blowup:
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Dramatictimes on August 18, 2009, 01:39:47 AMDo you have MS Word? If so, just a PDF to Word Converter can solve the problem, after editing, use the free office add-in SaveAsPDF to save word as pdf format by clicking files>save as. You all can have a free trial and sincerely hope they can do you some favor.

Oh jeez.    :toaster:   someone quick, he's giving away all our secrets.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

mattbeals

You can always follow the Ghent Work Groups recommendations for making PDF's from Office files.

http://www.gwg.org/Office_Document_Printing_-1.phtml
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Dramatictimes

You may need a PDF editor to do that but it will cost you so mach. If you have MS Word, just use a free online conversion service such as PDFonline and Zamzer to convert you pdf file into word for easy edit.

tapdn

Quote from: gnubler on August 18, 2009, 12:00:01 PM
Quote from: tapdn on August 18, 2009, 06:50:59 AM...got to be a put-on.  :tongue:

No, just a salesperson.

hummmm....troll or wind up merchant I be betting. You know this person?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb