Real World Illustrator

Started by frailer, September 11, 2007, 06:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 27, 2008, 02:46:12 PMAdobe hates Prepress. For the love of Joe, why do they forsake us so.... THERE IS NOOOO GOD!

Desingers all over the globe are dancing on our corpses! It's like the final scene in Return of The Jedi!

This is why JDF and full automation will NEVER work! T'anks Adobe! Must be taking lessons from Quark.

Look on the bright side...job security.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on October 27, 2008, 02:49:25 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 27, 2008, 02:46:12 PMAdobe hates Prepress. For the love of Joe, why do they forsake us so.... THERE IS NOOOO GOD!

Desingers all over the globe are dancing on our corpses! It's like the final scene in Return of The Jedi!

This is why JDF and full automation will NEVER work! T'anks Adobe! Must be taking lessons from Quark.

Yes, that is true.
Member #285 - Civilian

hotmetal

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 27, 2008, 02:52:46 PM
Quote from: Joe on October 27, 2008, 02:49:25 PM

Yes, that is true.

Now that they've killed Quark, they become Quark. That's how the dark side operates. Like the post office, they don't care. They don't have to care.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Mordy Golding apparently placing some videos here now. Just got a heads-up. Too whacked...Friday9PM, to actually look...later.

Here's the link, for anyone interested. It's on "Recolor Artwork"; previously known as "Live Paint".

Recolor Art
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on January 16, 2009, 04:20:37 AMMordy Golding apparently placing some videos here now. Just got a heads-up. Too whacked...Friday9PM, to actually look...later.

Here's the link, for anyone interested. It's on "Recolor Artwork"; previously known as "Live Paint".

Recolor Art

That is a kick ass feature. I used it back around Christmas to teach a customer how to make proper spot's on their Christmas ads.

Tracy

No way! I just used live trace in illy OMG!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

DigitalCrapShoveler

I can do all that crap in Freehand. A few more mouse clicks, but same damn thing. I am surprised it took Adobe this long to finally incorporate it.
Member #285 - Civilian

hotmetal

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 04, 2009, 01:45:33 PMI can do all that crap in Freehand. A few more mouse clicks, but same damn thing. I am surprised it took Adobe this long to finally incorporate it.

Um... you guys are gushing about the re-jiggered implementation of good ol' Streamline that Adobe added as a module to Illy in CS2, right?

It does, indeed, rock.
Hunter S. Thompson

DigitalCrapShoveler

No, although Streamline is a cool feature incorporated some time ago into AI, we are referring to the Recolor Art option in Illustrator CS4... watch the video HM.

Recolor Art

Member #285 - Civilian

hotmetal

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 04, 2009, 07:54:25 PMNo, although Streamline is a cool feature incorporated some time ago into AI, we are referring to the Recolor Art option in Illustrator CS4... watch the video HM.

Recolor Art

Got it. This helps explain some of the recent stuff I've been puzzled by in client files. Thanks!
Hunter S. Thompson

frailer

Watched the Vimeo again, but dammit, the Bustedtees pic kept distracting me.    :naughty:

hotmetal

Quote from: frailer on March 05, 2009, 12:41:49 AMWatched the Vimeo again, but dammit, the Bustedtees pic kept distracting me.    :naughty:

As I was just sayin' on another thread...
Hunter S. Thompson