Question of Web Meisters

Started by frailer, April 10, 2010, 05:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Over here There's talk of a site deteriorating. It's used extensively by people sussing guitars...user reviews etc. (Harmony Central...I've visited quite a bit...even left a review once). One of the better ones.
Is it possible, as one poster suggests, that a site could be compromised by 'baddies' out there? Or is he/she being tongue-in-cheek?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Oh, apropos of nothing, over at a guitar forum, I just posted the word 'damn'...in the context of 'sounds damn good'. It got auto-edited to '****'.    :laugh:   If you installed that editor here Joe, some peoples' posts would be largely a series of asterisks.    :laugh:    :laugh: 
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Sites can be taken over rather easily. It appears though that site just did some upgrades. Probably new and improved software along with security updates etc...

Generally speaking, some users are fickle and don't like change. Even if it means making improvements it's still a shock to their delicate ecosystem.

I tried the word filter here once. People didn't much care for it. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Can someone please translate everything Frailer just said? Thanks. I sure do miss Australia sometimes - hope I can return someday.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

What, you can't understand English? :wink:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ratintrap

Quote from: frailer on April 10, 2010, 05:32:29 AMOh, apropos of nothing, over at a guitar forum, I just posted the word 'damn'...in the context of 'sounds damn good'. It got auto-edited to '****'.    :laugh:   If you installed that editor here Joe, some peoples' posts would be largely a series of asterisks.    :laugh:    :laugh:

* ***'* **** **** ***'** ******* *****.

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on April 10, 2010, 09:57:13 AMCan someone please translate everything Frailer just said? Thanks. I sure do miss Australia sometimes - hope I can return someday.

How come I can apparently be understood in Illinois, but not in New Mexico?    :huh:     Oh, BTW, did you understand the question? Or should I re-phrase it?    :undecided:

Maybe you're just concentrating too much on the grammer.

ratintrap

Hey look, E's good with Grammer. :cheesy:

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david