Sheet and Plate sluglines

Started by Nivin, October 01, 2014, 07:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Great story, Mr. Peterson. I don't know what a cotton rocket is, but back home on the farm we had a cotton gin. Don't let the word, "gin," fool you. You can't drink it. Just ask my Uncle Lipless Fred about that.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Nivin

We've also noticed that even if we have inches chosen, the sheet size on the actual slug is mm. 

Ear

That is interesting but not surprising. I've gotten used to prepressy things being dedicated to metrics, especially platesetters... which is why I call mine the Royale with Cheese. ;D 

I haven't noticed it, personally, since I don't use sheet size on the slug. Though it is not a bad idea. I just have: Job Name, User Text, Sheet Index, Side and Separation... for most jobs.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

StudioMonkey

Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Ear

Thanks for picking up on it... Check out the big brain on Lilith. :afro:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

My slug lines show up on the proof, when I poof the entire layout
I'm new to XMF tho, so I probably don't know what' going on :laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Tracy on October 03, 2014, 02:02:00 PMMy slug lines show up on the proof, when I poof the entire layout
I'm new to XMF tho, so I probably don't know what' going on :laugh:

You must have went to the Harry Potter school of Prepress, no?
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Diddler

There are two places you need to change in XMF for inches/mm.  One is in your preferences and the other in the job settings.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Lyzan

You should probably checked [use slugline], see screen capture.

//Lyzan

Nivin

Quote from: Diddler on October 03, 2014, 02:45:00 PMThere are two places you need to change in XMF for inches/mm.  One is in your preferences and the other in the job settings.

Here are screen captures of my settings and both say "inches" but you'll notice it's still outputting "mm".

Tracy

yeah, that's weird when I put the sheet size on my plate I get both! mm and inches

dcs funneh, I've spelled roof before too, don't see the smileys but there would be one! hee hee

Joe

Tracy, if you are using the quick reply below the post just click the Preview button and it will take you to the full editor with the smiley buttons.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Lyzan

Quote from: Nivin on October 06, 2014, 08:19:35 AM
Quote from: Diddler on October 03, 2014, 02:45:00 PMThere are two places you need to change in XMF for inches/mm.  One is in your preferences and the other in the job settings.

Here are screen captures of my settings and both say "inches" but you'll notice it's still outputting "mm".

Yes, that one is weird.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Tracy on October 06, 2014, 01:00:53 PMyeah, that's weird when I put the sheet size on my plate I get both! mm and inches

dcs funneh, I've spelled roof before too, don't see the smileys but there would be one! hee hee

I haven't smiled analog in 25 years, when I do, I split my bottom lip right down the middle. ;D  <----- That's a digital smile.
Member #285 - Civilian