My second job... VICTORY!

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, April 07, 2010, 01:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Okay you win. We aren't missing any floors, but the roof leaks BAD. On a rainy day, we got 50 gallon drums collection water all over the building. This place is roughly the size of a small Mall. It's pretty funny.
Member #285 - Civilian

Skryber

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 08, 2010, 02:53:36 PMOkay you win. We aren't missing any floors, but the roof leaks BAD. On a rainy day, we got 50 gallon drums collection water all over the building. This place is roughly the size of a small Mall. It's pretty funny.

We have a leaky roof too but that out in the shop. We have a floor above us for digital shit. It's a disaster up there. This place use to be an old meat locker many many years ago. The shipping office is where the walk-in freezer was. We always start some sort of demolition around here and no one finishes it. I had to tape the dry wall in the plate room and my old manager painted it or it would have never been finished.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Ear

For some reason, Skry, when I think of your work, I picture it having a chocolate river and Oompa Loompas wandering about.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Quote from: Skryber on April 08, 2010, 02:49:01 PMPeople put random shit in my room (the plate room). I'll take pics for you someday.

Why the fuck do people do that? Same happens here. I walk in and shit is packed all around the platesetter and processor? Do you think it magically gets from one to the other? I barely have enough room as it is.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Quote from: Farabomb on April 08, 2010, 04:15:24 PM
Quote from: Skryber on April 08, 2010, 02:49:01 PMPeople put random shit in my room (the plate room). I'll take pics for you someday.

Why the fuck do people do that? Same happens here. I walk in and shit is packed all around the platesetter and processor? Do you think it magically gets from one to the other? I barely have enough room as it is.

I literally made a pressman CRY one day because of this. I won't go into the wicked detail of it but he cried, then went and cried to the owner. The owner told him to quit fuckin' crying, go pick his shit up and stay out of prepress.  :laugh:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

STAY OUT OF PREPRESS.

The new 2010 catch phrase.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Think I'll print that on a banner in the new place. I'd put it on the door but the bosses thought it would be a better idea to have the plateroom and prepress have no doors and have just a 8ft opening. Guess they like the sound of me screaming and loud music.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

Quote from: Earendil on April 08, 2010, 03:28:07 PMFor some reason, Skry, when I think of your work, I picture it having a chocolate river and Oompa Loompas wandering about.

I'm sure the walls don't taste like pineapples or bananas. Maybe asbestos. Mmmmmmm........
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

Quote from: Farabomb on April 08, 2010, 05:08:55 PMThink I'll print that on a banner in the new place. I'd put it on the door but the bosses thought it would be a better idea to have the plateroom and prepress have no doors and have just a 8ft opening. Guess they like the sound of me screaming and loud music.

That's what's nice about light sensitive plates. You can lock people out and they think you're loading plates.  :ninja:

David

my head is spinning, it looks like everything is backwards...

ooohhhh, ooohhhh

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Quote from: Skryber on April 08, 2010, 07:01:32 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 08, 2010, 05:08:55 PMThink I'll print that on a banner in the new place. I'd put it on the door but the bosses thought it would be a better idea to have the plateroom and prepress have no doors and have just a 8ft opening. Guess they like the sound of me screaming and loud music.

That's what's nice about light sensitive plates. You can lock people out and they think you're loading plates.  :ninja:

There will be a Nerf gun, a baseball bat (pressman adjuster), at least one knife and normally there is a firearm somewhere in the new shop. If all that fails there is a real good Mexican joint down the road. Chemical warfare.  :blowup:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

DCS, congratulations on getting actual respect at your new job. Don't feel bad about going over to the "dark side." Remember, it's always better to do stuff yourself knowing you can do it right, than to fix somebody else's crap. And you can use your considerable artistic talents to show those "designers" how it's done!
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Thanks Possum. I really don't feel bad about dabbling in the dark side anymore. The entertainment I have received from the Sales Pukes there have made it more than worthwhile.
Member #285 - Civilian