Main Menu

CTP speed

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, May 04, 2016, 08:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigiCorn

We literally just got a brand new Screen Javelin 8900E, as in we started making plates with it for the first time on Monday. It has an autoloader, and we have 3 different cassettes with 3 different plate sizes. Provided we are running all of the same size plate, negating the need to swap cassettes, it can get upwards of 32 plates an hour (is what we were quoted).
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

I'd love to know if it really can do 32 an hour. Wonder if that's a real world number or only if the planets are aligned.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

johnny_jay

We have a Screen 16000N and can get up to 45 plates per hour. This is running Agfa Energy Elite Pro plates, 38"x23.5"
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

wonderings

I think we can get 12 plates an hour on our Screen 4100, but really I just say we can do 4 plates for a 4 colour job every 25 mins. I still marvel at how quick that is compared to when we made film, processed the film, stripped the film, burnt onto a plate and then processed the plate and brought it down to the press.

Farabomb

I still marvel at how many times the pressman will come in now and demand a new plate. Back when we were burning film they would be a LOT more careful when it took an hour to get a new plate. Now it's there is a problem with the plate and it's prepress's fault.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

G_Town

Screen PlateRite Ultima 16000II

Once running it spits out a 40" plate every 30 secs or so and 56" plates about in 80 secs, wicked fast and fully automated even compared to our Magnus which it replaced.

Ear

Sweet Fancy Moses! A 40" every 30 seconds! That's faster than my digital press. :rotf:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

andyfest

Quote from: G_Town on June 11, 2016, 08:03:03 AMScreen PlateRite Ultima 16000II

Once running it spits out a 40" plate every 30 secs or so and 56" plates about in 80 secs, wicked fast and fully automated even compared to our Magnus which it replaced.

Hey G - have you updated to AE 16 yet? or are you still Nexus PDF/Classic?
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro