News:

Main Menu

The Best PDF's

Started by Joe, October 23, 2007, 10:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Well, it's because she's still using Quark and saving all PDFs to TIFFs.

I've explained how bad of an idea that is but since they are doing a redesign in a few months...

I swear I've heard that before.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Oh yeah, we have a client that "bought as was learning InDD and would stop using Pooplisher, this will be the last one"...
that was 4 years ago. Now we are the only one's that will take their job  :rotf:  >:(
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

pspdfppdfxhd

Ran into a strange pdf today, it looks normal but it's almost choking the rip.

Made by a packaging company that would normally not do offset. They insisted on doing their own trapping so the traps are built in. Therefore I am using no trapping at the rip. The label is 9x12 inches, it's running 4up. One image, 300dpi, the rest vector.

It was generated by ESKO Automation Engine.

Can't figure out why it's taxing the rip so bad but am thinking it must be the built in traps or something.

:drunk3:

Farabomb

What does it look like in wireframe? Is it a overly complex design?

They don't do offset work but are insisting on their trap settings....   ::)

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

does not look overly complex in wireframe mode. Seen a lot worse.

andyfest

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on October 24, 2016, 08:32:57 AMRan into a strange pdf today, it looks normal but it's almost choking the rip.

Made by a packaging company that would normally not do offset. They insisted on doing their own trapping so the traps are built in. Therefore I am using no trapping at the rip. The label is 9x12 inches, it's running 4up. One image, 300dpi, the rest vector.

It was generated by ESKO Automation Engine.

Can't figure out why it's taxing the rip so bad but am thinking it must be the built in traps or something.

:drunk3:
If it's Esko, the trap areas could be/probably are embedded tifs, made to emulate transparency. Works ok in the Esko workflow, but maybe doesn't play well with others.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

pspdfppdfxhd

Right, but it ripped ok, looks ok on preview.

The printed sample and proof supplied both had schoastic screening. We dont have that option on our rip but our proof visually looked about 98 percent matched to theirs. I was suprised it was so close.

I had posted about this on another post regarding reflex blue.

Strange thing is, with this pdf to proof, the reflex blue proof on the 8 color HP proofer we have really DOES look like reflex blue, not muddy or purpley like I have seen before. I had to pinch myself and wonder why I had never seen a good reflex blue on. proof before.

pspdfppdfxhd

I think I see why it took so long to rip.

There are billions of nodes on the trap strokes. I am assuming that's it however we did NO trapping and that's what usually eats up the time.

Joe

Still has to process all that crap though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yeah, a whole load of crap nodes.

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd